Feeble alarm siren...

SimonP

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's not in the FAQ.

Noticed a while back that the alarm siren on the S3 is feeble, in fact we spent ages trying to work out what the tiny beeping noise was until we realised it was actually the alarm!

I suppose it may be quieter due to the replacement sub in the boot cubby hole, but I think the standard siren is pretty lame anyway.

Anyone know if it can be swapped/upgraded/augmented with something a little more aggressive?

There's been a spate of window breaking/stereo nicking around our area and might be time to think about some better scroat protection...

It is the most puny thing you've ever heard, like a clock radio going off! Something to do with environmentalists in Brussels dictating that car alarms can only be a certain dB level. I simply upgraded the alarm/immobiliser to a proper CAT1 (£200 fitted) initially to get insurance, but with the added bonus that you can actually hear it from inside the house and it's full closure without the need to hold down the button. It works in parallel with the Audi alarm/central locking so although it's a seperate blipper it operates all functions. It also immobilises the car after 30 seconds so if you leave the keys in the ignition at a petrol station it's a bit harder for someone to nick it.