Cruise Control Question

I

imported_A3dude

I Use to have cruise control on a new shape A3 8P. Now I have an S3 and miss cruise control, so getting it retro fitted. By using the cruise control stalk to set the desired cruise speed, can the speed be increased using the cruise stalk to accelerate the car without touching the accelerator. Pretty sure this feature use to work on my A3 8P version, as this use to have a seperate stalk below the indicator stalk.

Many Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

If the stalk is the same as the one in my Octavia MkI, then you have the following controls:

Switch: right=off, middle=on, sprung-loaded movement to left = increase speed/resume stored speed.
End-button=set speed.
http://home.eplus-online.de/nieder/octavia/myocti/s24.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The one you show for the Octavia is the standard stalk for the S3. To increase the speed as shown above move the slider to the left and hold until you've reached your desired speed. In addition to the above if you have cruise control enabled, and press the Set button on the end of the stalk it will decrease the speed (slightly) for fine adjustment, or press and hold and it will continue to drop the speed.

thanks for the replies, as i suspected you can almost drive the car on the motorway with the + & - on the cruise stalk. Excellent!