Logging Session - Review and Input???

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Myself and ShaunS3 did some logging sessions on Sunday on both of our S3's.

Can anyone have a look through mine and see if there is any area's of concern or if she is ok?

Sorry to sound a noob, but this is the first time mine has had some logs done, and I'm quite new to this.

Anyway my spec:
- 2000 APY (Mileage 136,150)
- Milltek CAT Back
- Milltek 200 Supercell Sports CAT
- Badger5 V2.2, JR Filter with heatsheild
- Forge 008p Valve
- N249 Delete
- N112 Bypass
- Superchip SRP Stage 1 Map

No fault codes recorded before or after apart from incorrect flow detective on the N112 Valve

Here's the logs:

Run 1 - Log (Groups 001/002/115)

Run 2 - Log (Groups 001/031/118)

Run 3 - Log (Groups 003/020/118)

There was a little traffic on the private road we used to do the logs ;) so Shaun has taken out the parts where we anchored on and geared down etc. Hopefully the log should still be significant to point out any problems....

Any help whould be much appreciated.

Thank You.

The only thing I can comment on is 193grams seems very low. Mine is mapped with a V1 TIP and sees 223grams... Even if the exhaust makes little difference to the breathing, I'd say that's low.

The only thing I can comment on is 193grams seems very low. Mine is mapped with a V1 TIP and sees 223grams... Even if the exhaust makes little difference to the breathing, I'd say that's low.

Yeah it seems abit low considering the modifications.
I was expecting abit more tbh.

Hoping someone can shed some light on the logs and see if there is any issues I should sort out.

Give the cone filter a good clean by soaking it in solution :)

That might be the issue. Mine appeared to knacker my MAF, switched back to OEM airbox and it's been fine. I'd try testing the MAF either by DIY cleaning it or switching it out for a new one.

194 G/S is like 240bhp, superchips advertise 270hp from a flash so you would expect ~220 G/S if that were true.

Can't gauge power on these logs... never hit peaks revs on full load so will always be under its full potential... you can also discount logs where the coolant temp is not up to temp as its in warm up/cold start up to this point...

For reference logs should be done when the coolant temp is around 90 degrees and in at least third gear from 2000 rpm to redline (or as close to it as is legal/safe) foot to the floor... this will put the engine under full load and give meaningful results

JD, the 193gs is only at 5.8k... that 1k below OE redline... if allowed to rev out (dunno what the superchips redline would be lifted to if they do it at all) then it should pick up some airflow but looking at it you may still only be looking at 200gs or there abouts...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: kwistof
Can't gauge power on these logs... never hit peaks revs on full load so will always be under its full potential... you can also discount logs where the coolant temp is not up to temp as its in warm up/cold start up to this point...

For reference logs should be done when the coolant temp is around 90 degrees and in at least third gear from 2000 rpm to redline (or as close to it as is legal/safe) foot to the floor... this will put the engine under full load and give meaningful results

JD, the 193gs is only at 5.8k... that 1k below OE redline... if allowed to rev out (dunno what the superchips redline would be lifted to if they do it at all) then it should pick up some airflow but looking at it you may still only be looking at 200gs or there abouts...

<tuffty/>

I noted that, Paul, but saw 6,6 entry in the logs as well, but with a very low figure and presumed this was just turbo tail off at the top end.

My logs looked similar when my MAF was faulty, but I'd take Tuffty's advice and redo the logs, 3rd gear, 2k- end of revs.

<tuffty/>

Thank you tuffty for the above...

I'm a newbie to logging, so I'll have a word with Shaun about re-doing the logs. And hopefully squeeze a few more ponnies out of her.

Dont suspose looking at the logs there is anything to be worried about?

She runs great and deserved all the maintenance she's had recently.

Although the previous day before logging she had a few flatspots above 4500rpm which was cured by re-gapping my NGK BK7RE plugs to 0.7mm. They where only fitted 2 weeks ago, and must of gapped them wrong as 3 plugs where 0.1mm out and other 0.2mm out. Always double check your mesurements ;-)