Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

8l fogs DRL mod ?

I have an s3 8l and want a more modern diff look. Anyone tried a foglight drl mod. Or can i get blank grills and get drl fitted make it look oem as possible ?. Any pics anyone tried

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Sell the 8L and buy and 8P if you want the DRLs to look OEM

To date I still haven't seen a decent effort that properly looks good - especially when trying to fit them in the grills

IF you are really interested then something like these would be the best route to get a more modern up to date look with the use of DRLs IMO.

Audi A3 1996-2000 LED DRL Style Chrome Headlights
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeh i do like them i dont want to have a foglight and a drl lol looks odd. Also i do like the factory headlight as mine is facelift. Got mates who are electrian who will fit them for nowt. just need ideas

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    You can get DRLs in facelift headlights as well if you really want

Devil Eye Headlights

Lighting | A3: 8L (96-03) | AUDI | Body Kit Ltd | Page 1
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Na dont fancy the headlights

4th Gear

Status
    Personally, I don't think any car that wasn't designed out of the factory with DRL's looks 'right' with aftermarket ones. Some of the DIY efforts you see on cars are laughable, especially as the LED strips probably from eBay that are nowhere near the brightness of factory Cree LED setups and just look terrible, especially when a couple of the bulbs blow.

It doesn't make it look more modern in my view, just looks wrong. You need to consider the MOT as well and ensure that any mods don't break construction and use regs.

If you're going to do it, changing the fogs out for DRL's from a car that has similar size ones seems the best way to do it, and wire them into a switched live or similar. I think one of the recent Mondeo's had fog style DRL's, but I think hella are doing a few aftermarket units now too. I would definitely not go cheap on whatever you get, they just aren't bright enough.

However, it will still just look like you're driving around with your fog lights on... The facelift lights are nice on the A3/S3 and just look right, but then I'm a fan of originality, and each to their own and all that.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

1st Gear

Status
    Whats the actual size of the foglight in inches