Rear Boot Latch Mech - Part Number

Bolly

Reaction score
Hi all

This is probably my first post...Long time lurker...Used the site a lot in the past to sort problems and have a general read. Many thanks for everything to date!!! Problem is, this 'hobby' is starting to cost me a small fortune! My justification is that it is cheaper then going to Audi direct....

Right - So my problem is that the boot latch mech on my wife's A3 1.9Tdi (2002/3) gave up the ghost on the weekend. It will not latch onto the bottom hook.

I took it off the car to give it a good clean and regrease (I read on here that that works) but the problem is that it is all one peice. Seems that the cover and base is riveted together so there is no way to get in....

Assuming this is a manufaturers ploy to make you buy a replacement unit I took the fail on the chin and looked to get another.

Part number i need is 8LO 827 505 M, but after a google search all i found was 8LO 827 505 E.

My question is, are they different? Where can I go to find out and where is the best place to get one? Would I be right in thinking it will be around £40 for a new genuine part?

Many thanks
Bolly

Hello mate, if you pop to your local Audi garage, they will be able to get the right one for you, also where are you based, if you do a search for TPS, they supply genuine VAG parts, but at trade price (if they serve you).