Driver door noise annoying

c3jys

Reaction score
On my s3 when closing the door its make a proper messed rattly noise like something is loose inside. Window goes up and down without a problem. Just had my subwoofer fitted and can hear the door rattling alot more what can it be ? Any ideas before i open up.

You should see a problem as soon as it's taken apart... Could surely be a list of things like a screw falling out, plastic broken etc...

Have a look at your crash bars in the door passenger side mine was loose causing an annoying rattle when using the door takes about 5 mins to check!

I had this issue - turns out the window regulator and other fixings were replaced at some point and seems like the previous owner forgot to take some of the broken parts out from the bottom of the door frame so they were rattling about. I expect the parts that were loose were always there- the sub you've installed has just made it more distinctive..

10-15 minute job to whip the door card off - give it all a check and then replace. May as well check both door cards as well.

My side impact protection bar was also loose on the drivers side which squeaked and rattled a little. For some reason the nuts would not tighten up so in the end I managed to get a nut and bolt in there instead done up ****** tight

What does this protection bar look like never delt with sumeh like this

its a big metal bar inside the door to stop them caving in during an accident.

you can see the bolts as they are visable with the door card on so first thing to try would be just go over all the fixings you can see and make sure they are tight.

Next step is pop off the door card and then knock on bits till you can narrow down whats rattling

Thats great will get round to that. My woofer dosent help the rattle