Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Treated my injectors.

Neutral

Status

Treated my injectors.

After recently buying my S3 I am now started to sort things out with regards getting a good basis to improve the power to Stage 2.

Started things off today by giving the injectors a once over so here is the process :

Initial ultra sonic cleaning to remove all the "gunk"

Into the next ultra sonic cleaner after all the initial dirt has been removed

All hooked up to the tester to visually observe the spray pattern which was pretty good

Next was a leak test which I forgot to photograph but no leaks were found up to 7bar.
    The injectors were then fired for 15 seconds to observe if they all emitted an equal and correct amount of fuel

For some reason the next few photos failed to capture properly but the results showed that 2 injectors were down and 2 were good. this process was repeated a further 2 times to ensure it was correct. Again the same 2 were confirmed down. Filter baskets were then removed and placed into a Third ultrasonic cleaner and electrical connectors which cycled the injectors to ensure all fluid was passed through the injector body and nozzle. This process was repeated several times with the injectors being retested until an acceptable result was achieved with all injectors producing the same volume of fuel.

The new filter baskets and seals were then installed

Finally, all done and ready to be re installed

Now I know the injectors will not be causing any problems soon
    Nilz likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Is this something you do for a living? if not who did you use and how much was the service if you don't mind me asking as looks like a great idea
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow vivalacoulter On Twitter Add vivalacoulter on Facebook Visit vivalacoulter's Instagram Channel
    Very good!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Is this something you do for a living? if not who did you use and how much was the service if you don't mind me asking as looks like a great idea
    I'm a mechanic by trade in a small garage and a colleague of mine does this as a home business! He's still in the stage of building up stock to sell aswell as refurbing them but I've sent some mates his way already for it. Just finished helping a mate with an Ibiza cupra R doing a K04 conversion and he had 2 poor injectors which would have affected him greatly.

The treatment mine had today I believe is £40 plus £6.95 for postage if that's how you choose to do it if you're not local

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    mrinjectoruk did mine. Same service. Very good price

Status
    Thanks for the info,

Just need a couple of days when not using the car then so I can send them away to be serviced.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    mrinjectoruk did mine. Same service. Very good price
    What did they charge out of interest?

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the info,

Just need a couple of days when not using the car then so I can send them away to be serviced.
    No problem, as far as I know the day he receives them he Does all the work so at his end the turn around is nearly immediate!

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks good!
    How does the £40 compare against buying new ones ?
    Dave
    2001 S3 | 210/256/270 switchable APR software | Absolute Red |

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by david7m View Post
    Looks good!
    How does the £40 compare against buying new ones ?
    Dave

2 second search on ebay was £50 new buy it now on one unit, so very good in comparison

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    I can't remember exactly, but in the same sort of region your mate charges. 40odd plus postage which is special delivery.

5th Gear

Status
    You guys notice any improvements in doing this? I thought it would cost a small fortune!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daz-20vt View Post
    You guys notice any improvements in doing this? I thought it would cost a small fortune!
    I dunno I did it to sell my stock injectors as mint.

people have been diy cleaning them for a while and report good things in smoothness and mpg. Several members have bought ultrasonic cleaners to do there's, they aren't expensive

5th Gear

Status
    Yeh just seen they start at 20 quid lol. Can that really do the same job? Gotta be worth buying even for a one off

Neutral

Status
    A good ultrasonics cleaner dependant upon needs is £350 but the real kit is the tester to measure spray pattern and flow under different pressures etc. each injector will have a rated flow and it's all calculated properly until it reaches it's desired flow rate.

Mine felt very smooth afterwards to drive, but I'm the case of my mate who had 2 injectors rated at "poor" he would have certainly noticed a huge difference.

I HAVE THE OPTION CODES

Status
    Wow what a fab idea ! Is the price the same for 2.0 tdi 140 injectors ?

How close are you to South Wales ?

Si

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dentsy View Post
    Wow what a fab idea ! Is the price the same for 2.0 tdi 140 injectors ?

How close are you to South Wales ?

Si
    Petrol injectors only I'm afraid mate!

I HAVE THE OPTION CODES

Status
    Dogs gonads 😒😒 can diesels be done ?

Neutral

Status
    Diesel injectors are much more complicated mate and I would imagine the process to be much more complicated if it is possible atall

Status
    Perhaps point your mate in the direction of this thread as it may generate him some business.

Neutral

Status
    Perhaps point your mate in the direction of this thread as it may generate him some business.
    Ill let him know, would you think this service would be popular amongst the forum?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3011 View Post
    Ill let him know, would you think this service would be popular amongst the forum?
    He would need to apply to be a forum trader, otherwise it would soon get closed down.

Neutral

Status
    How would that work then does he email admin or something? Also what's the score with stuff like that as in if I want to a garage and they gave me a good service and I recommended them would the thread be deleted as they don't trade for the forum?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    How would that work then does he email admin or something? Also what's the score with stuff like that as in if I want to a garage and they gave me a good service and I recommended them would the thread be deleted as they don't trade for the forum?
    Recommendations are fine, forum trading isnt.
    You need permission from admin yes.

Status
    Best bet would be to contact the admin team to confirm but people often recommend business and services on here. eg like Superkarl did with MrinjectorUK above

So if he has a website you could link to it as that makes no odds at all as far as I am aware (obviously with a forum discount lol)

Neutral

Status
    Gotcha, I've passed it onto him and he's going to look into it after work tonight with the Admin side of it etc!

I recommend him as a great service though with fantastic value and impressive results

Status
    Nice always good to have good people with actual real world reccomendations

I have found the service mrinjectoruk offer on ebay and looks like it works out at £45 for 4 injectors including postage

Fuel Injector Ultrasonic cleaning Testing | eBay

So if your mate can offer the same if not better service for the same or less he should do well

5th Gear

Status
    How hard or easy is it to remove and reinstall the injectors? And do you need new seals after? If so where might i find them? Thanks !! Daz

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    How hard or easy is it to remove and reinstall the injectors? And do you need new seals after? If so where might i find them? Thanks !! Daz
    Not sure if the pics still work in this....they aren't displaying on the PC I'm currently on

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...pic-heavy.html
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Neutral

Status
    Nice always good to have good people with actual real world reccomendations

I have found the service mrinjectoruk offer on ebay and looks like it works out at £45 for 4 injectors including postage

Fuel Injector Ultrasonic cleaning Testing | eBay

So if your mate can offer the same if not better service for the same or less he should do well

The full price works out at £46.60 from mr injector as the postage listed is for one item but he applies discount for multiple items so he does however work out 35p cheaper.

Neutral

Status
    Very easy mate, undo 2 5mm Allen key bolts and remove each injector by pulling out the retaining clip and job done

1st Gear

Status
    I'd be interested in getting mine done just need to sort out when we can be minus the car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallm0nkey View Post
    I'd be interested in getting mine done just need to sort out when we can be minus the car.
    Turn around is very quick so there wouldn't be a weeks wait or that. The day they are received they are serviced and reassembled and dispatched the following morning via Royal Mail special delivery
    JD09 likes this.

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    So if I've got this right, £45 ish for all four injectors cleaned and checked (no car issues, so presume mine are OK) by a pro, or £45 on a DIY kit (granted this could be used on friends and future cars)?

Sweet, thanks Karl et al.

Neutral

Status
    £45 on a DIY kit? Lol there's a reason a proper set up costs thousands. The link posted above showing the DIY thing at home only cleans the outside of the injector?

The injector wasn't pulsed to clean the internals, seats and Pintle but merely cleaned the outer body. The spray pattern wasn't observed nor was the flow rate so it is impossible to confirm if the injector is flowing correctly and producing the same as the other injectors and has no idea if the spray pattern is correct.

Buying an ultrasonic bath will make your outer body clean and that's about it I'm afraid.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    The link posted above showing the DIY thing at home only cleans the outside of the injector?
    I only put that link up there because Daz required a fitting/installation guide and that's pretty helpful (if pics are displayed).
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    £45 on a DIY kit? Lol there's a reason a proper set up costs thousands. The link posted above showing the DIY thing at home only cleans the outside of the injector?

The injector wasn't pulsed to clean the internals, seats and Pintle but merely cleaned the outer body. The spray pattern wasn't observed nor was the flow rate so it is impossible to confirm if the injector is flowing correctly and producing the same as the other injectors and has no idea if the spray pattern is correct.

Buying an ultrasonic bath will make your outer body clean and that's about it I'm afraid.
    You clearly know a lot about this subject, so not to doubt you, but surely if petrol can get in the top and out the bottom, cleaning fluid and water can also get in. And therefore, when in an ultrasonic bath, clean the insides as well? I appreciate it will not check the flow patterns. I am purely going off the thread linked in the stickies/above!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    JD, lots of members have bought US cleaners for their injectors, hell I did it about 3 years ago. Everyone inc myself reported smoother idle, running and mpg.

However
    As gunner says, its nothing on the service his mate and mrinjector UK offers. For £45 use a pro service.
    for an old car with old injectors I think its worthwhile doing it once.
    Thanks to gunner for providing people with an In depth review

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    You clearly know a lot about this subject, so not to doubt you, but surely if petrol can get in the top and out the bottom, cleaning fluid and water can also get in. And therefore, when in an ultrasonic bath, clean the insides as well? I appreciate it will not check the flow patterns. I am purely going off the thread linked in the stickies/above!
    Petrol is forced through the injector though and not simply left to find its own way through. also if your injector was blocked it would require pressure from the electronic pulsing to clear it or even back washing to remove it. The cleaning is only a minor portion of the objective too, testing the injectors for leaks, spray pattern and equal/sufficient flow is arguably the most important stage. After all, what use is a clean injector that starts leaking under 3 bar of pressure?

In reference to petrol can get in and out of the injector, true! ... But only if electronically controlled. Hence the electronic pulsing off injectors whilst in the ultra sonic tank. Without the electronic signal to operate the solenoid inside the injector, the pintle will remain closed therefore allowing no fluid to pass. If fluid is passing then your injector is leaking but you may not be able to tell this as the injector would be submerged which is where all the testing equipment comes in highlighting such a problem.

Hope this clears up any queries on this subject
    Last edited by Gunner3011; 17th February 2014 at 19:21.

Neutral

Status
    Here's a picture that failed to upload yesterday showing the injectors being pulsed in the solution to fully clean the internals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast