My A3 beeped at me this morning!!

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Got into the car, turned on the ignition (waited for the OK) and started her up, then approx 5-10 seconds later I heard quite a loud beep coming from what I think was the rear speakers. There were no warning lights coming up on the dash so i'm a bit stumped.

Has anyone else experienced this before or should I get in touch with an exorcist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

It's probably the battery in the alarm system. This can start beeping if it is drawing power from the main battery, I believe.

It happened occasionally in my car but there was never any issue as a result of it.

Cheers
Dan

Chris,

I read the posts in the FAQ about it, only problem was that no-one seems to have identified the source of the beeping or why it does it.

I guess the easy solution is to leave the radio on.

Cheers,

Mike

Isn't it just change the battery in the alarm siren ? Or do you have to change the siren ? Got it on mine at the mo. Seems to happen more when its a cold morning.

Chris.

It might be worth a try - it just seems a bit odd that it happens intermittently - i.e when it's a cold morning,

If the alarm battery is causing the problem - shouln't it happen every morning?

I think i'll fill my wipers with holy water just in case

this thread comes round alot doesnt it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

someone was asking the same thing a couple of weeks ago. - its the battery in the siren, which is in the left compartment in your boot, near your amp. The reason why it does it on a cold morning is because the charge doesnt hold as well in the cold I assume (hence why old cars cant start in cold mornings). The beeps beep when its low on charge.

You cant get a new battery without replacing the siren, which is approx £60-£70 I think.

PS - its nothing to do with the radio

ta ta!