Operating temperatures

fazer0

Reaction score
Couldn't find any definitive answer to this question so far
What temp should my car read on oil temp gauge and how long should it take to get to normal operational temp?
As when i start my car i get the obvious low oil temp warning light but soon goes after a few seconds, it then takes a good 15- 20 minute drive to get to just over 60 degrees to 70. after that it will hit 70 and stay there for the duration of the journey, is this normal, as i thought it would be a slightly higher operational temperature, especially reading the fuel stuttering post saying around 90 degree's.
any help would be appreciated

Temp gauge on the dash is for coolant not oil.

Basically I would say any of these cars should of reached 90degrees in 10-15mins and then it should stay at 90 no matter what.

If it struggles to get to 90 my guess would be that you need to change the thermostat but you can also try replacing the coolant temp sensor too.

sorry yeah meant coolant gauge, silly moment there, ok will have to look into that as you did say that may be a cause for the low fuel stuttering, however you did also say about the battery as well which did go flat on my car the other day when i was at work but strangely it had regained a charge when i got back from the end of my shift.