boost problem?

:: blade ::

Reaction score
howdo, not sure whats going on, theres no faults on the ecu (had them checked the other week) but now and again when i get into boost it will boost up fine but then as i lift off the accel it feels like it boost again and the car will jerk, got the torque app set up as a temp boost gauge (i know its not accurate) the boost seems to stay around 13psi but when i lifted off before it peaked at 20psi, what would cause this? also put my foot down and felt like the boost stopped all together, the car is standard as far as i am aware, any way of finding out if it has a bad map on it without paying for a remap?

hope you can help

Iain

forgot to mention its a 2003 BAM

Hi
Possible areas to check
Fuel pump
Turbo
Valves mostly (N249)
Map
Leakages (pvs pipes)
Etc

Reactions: :: blade ::
im removing the n249 this sunday :) so that will be one issue sorted if it is that, but will get the rest checked

Try logging with vcds... try unplugging the maf and see if it runs better
Mark

will unplug the maf tomoz and take it for a spin, it runs and drives fine, the boost prob doesnt happen all the time which is weird

If it's not mapped then if shouldn't show 20psi. Check you've put the DV the right way and perform a TB reset.

the DV is the right way round, it went upto 28psi the other day so something isnt right with it, where is the n75?