Installing a performance chip 1.8t

Jenno007

Reaction score
I've decided to install a performance chip and the instructions are total cr*p. Basically I've got to install it into the intake air temp sensor. I've had a look around but I thought it would be better off asking here before I install this chip.

Is the IAT part of the MAF sensor or does the 1.8t have a separate IAT? If it is part of the MAF what would be the best way of checking what wire it is (there are 4 wires)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thats not a performance chip LOL.... those things are a joke dude... all they do is fool the ECU into thinking the engine is running at an incorrect temp and so the ECU adds fuel potentially 'adding' hp...

As said, bin it...

<tuffty/>

Have to agree with Dave & Tuffty, DONT DO IT! Go to rtech or badger 5 for a remap instead :asskicking:

send it back, the component costs less than a penny and does nothing apart from cause over fuelling and no extra bhp, its a con.

Haha talk about off topic... resistors off ebay to mash potato... brilliant!

How much was this "performance chip" out of interest and what sort of BHP do they claim you get?

I have some resistors... £100 pounds to you sir.
guaranteed to achieve No gains what so ever..

How may would you like?

:p

Hehehe

Reactions: dre_S3, JD09 and cammage08
I have some resistors... £100 pounds to you sir.
guaranteed to achieve No gains what so ever..

How may would you like?

:p

Hehehe

Well as I have done no research into these things obviously ill take 2, don't wrap em ill wear em, £100 a bargain

I've decided to install a performance chip and the instructions are total cr*p. Basically I've got to install it into the intake air temp sensor. I've had a look around but I thought it would be better off asking here before I install this chip.

Is the IAT part of the MAF sensor or does the 1.8t have a separate IAT? If it is part of the MAF what would be the best way of checking what wire it is (there are 4 wires)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You deserve to fit this for even buying it.

2icaycg.jpg

Will sell 4 remaps for £199.99. Just hook them on your rear view mirror for an extra 35/45%+ BHP

Hook them on your ears when you reach your destination and everyone will know your car is highly tuned and chicks will ask you for your number. 100% guaranteed.

Reactions: Jay A3 and superkarl
2icaycg.jpg

Will sell 4 remaps for £199.99. Just hook them on your rear view mirror for an extra 35/45%+ BHP

Hook them on your ears when you reach your destination and everyone will know your car is highly tuned and chicks will ask you for your number. 100% guaranteed.
i have one on each nipple for maximum effect

Reactions: Adam P, newbster and sssline
To be fair if it's installed properly it should work and give good gains....I did mine last week and results speak for themselves, used to be a 12 year old audi

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392056598975277

Reactions: Vex182, Adam P and superkarl
haha well the answers in this thread really helped me with this, in the bin it goes. It was free from a mate who never bothered installing it in his car. Since I'm from Australia there aren't many places I can go get a proper remap, and they want massive coin in doing so. I may try install a boost controller instead?

To clear the air this car is my 'work car' and that is why I'm more open minded about trying things like this on it. My weekend car has had all work professionally done tuned.. I don't play around with that haha

Boost controllers are also a bit of a no no, from what I understand they add more boost but don't adjust the fueling to go with it. Only way to get real power out of these cars is a remap.

To clear the air this car is my 'work car' and that is why I'm more open minded about trying things like this on it. My weekend car has had all work professionally done tuned.. I don't play around with that haha

Regardless... there are better ways to tune these cars and things like this cause more issues than they solve... would help if you told us the model/year too as mods can be specific to that..

<tuffty/>

okay well it is a completely stock standard 1999 a3 with a 1.8L turbo engine. Could you please recommend the best modifications for power and noise (intake and turbo flutter) on a budget. I will be installing the s2000 pod filter. Is there anywhere I can buy a tuning device that comes with a preloaded tune (plug and play)? I believe these run 7psi standard and I was hoping to increase that a little. I don't expect this to be a race car as I have my other car for that I would just like a little more than what it currently has

****ing good thread that, the OP seems like a right geeza.

Reactions: sssline, Lavis89, kwistof and 1 other person
****ing good thread that, the OP seems like a right know it all that's got fed up with replying to every 1.8t A3 modification thread on ASN.

EFA :p

Reactions: 16Klappe
Isn't turbo flutter air being forced backwards through the turbo when you lift off? Anyway if that's what you want just pull off the vacuum pipe from the top of the diverter valve, block up the loose pipe and enjoy your new rally car while your turbo lasts

Isn't turbo flutter air being forced backwards through the turbo when you lift off? Anyway if that's what you want just pull off the vacuum pipe from the top of the diverter valve, block up the loose pipe and enjoy your new rally car while your turbo lasts

Its called compressor stall and yeah, its an easy way to destroy the turbo :)

<tuffty/>

Lol I knew you loved them.
Its not for sale anyway as I've opened a dispute case on eBay with the seller because it leaks boost pressure.