Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By <tuffty/>
  • 1 Post By <tuffty/>

Thread: Oil spray from pipe to DV

  1. #1
    JD09's Avatar
    I'm not modding, I'm improving

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, Alderley Edge
    Posts
    3,078

    Oil spray from pipe to DV

    Any thoughts on this?

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391971887.256924.jpg

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391971892.956079.jpg

    Was about to replace the 007p with the standard item. Car feels fine but perhaps a catch can is necessary?

    Any input appreciated.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    JD09's Avatar
    I'm not modding, I'm improving

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, Alderley Edge
    Posts
    3,078
    Bump for any knowledge?

  4. #3
    JD09's Avatar
    I'm not modding, I'm improving

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, Alderley Edge
    Posts
    3,078
    Tuffty has said it's the Evap pipe - can anyone shed any more light on this? Is it just the usual oil in vac pipes from the PCV system?

  5. #4
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,018
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    Tuffty has said it's the Evap pipe - can anyone shed any more light on this? Is it just the usual oil in vac pipes from the PCV system?
    Soz dude, was a skim read fail...

    Copied from my FB reply...

    that outlet can leak a bit on the threads which is most likely why there is oil there... oil is inevitable but I would check the throttle body and see if there is oil there.. pull the hose off and if oil is present (dripping rather than dirty) then it suggests oil is being blown though the charge system... this could be from the turbo or could be from the PCV... if you have done a catch can and not recirculating oil fumes back into the tip then its most likely the turbo... you can check by cleaning up any oil in the TB and removing the PCV into the TIP (blocking up the inlet you pulled it out from obviously) and see if the oil comes back...

    <tuffty/>
    JD09 likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  6. #5
    JD09's Avatar
    I'm not modding, I'm improving

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, Alderley Edge
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Soz dude, was a skim read fail...

    Copied from my FB reply...

    that outlet can leak a bit on the threads which is most likely why there is oil there... oil is inevitable but I would check the throttle body and see if there is oil there.. pull the hose off and if oil is present (dripping rather than dirty) then it suggests oil is being blown though the charge system... this could be from the turbo or could be from the PCV... if you have done a catch can and not recirculating oil fumes back into the tip then its most likely the turbo... you can check by cleaning up any oil in the TB and removing the PCV into the TIP (blocking up the inlet you pulled it out from obviously) and see if the oil comes back...

    <tuffty/>
    Thanks, Paul - I'll get the TB off and have a look. I cleaned it not to long ago, but it was really not dirty at all. That 007P has been on a few years and it's not got like that over night, so sounds like it's from the PCV.

  7. #6
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,018
    The side outlet of the DV unscrews... I would remove the DV and give it a service... buy a service kit from Forge (15 ish quid) and it will )should) include the new style piston...

    Unscrew the outlet and clean the DV with brake cleaner or similar... use a high temp sealant on the threads and refit... clean excess sealant off obviously... use the service kit and all should be good in the world

    <tuffty/>
    JD09 likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  8. #7
    JD09's Avatar
    I'm not modding, I'm improving

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, Alderley Edge
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    The side outlet of the DV unscrews... I would remove the DV and give it a service... buy a service kit from Forge (15 ish quid) and it will )should) include the new style piston...

    Unscrew the outlet and clean the DV with brake cleaner or similar... use a high temp sealant on the threads and refit... clean excess sealant off obviously... use the service kit and all should be good in the world

    <tuffty/>
    It's being replaced with the new OEM version, Paul, but will be cleaning it up to go on eBay! Thanks as per, sorry to keep hassling!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Oil leak from rear diff
    By tobesvw in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th March 2009, 14:56
  2. oil leak from an EGR Valve and poor starting - related?
    By chill14 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th September 2008, 20:10
  3. oil leak from turbo pipe
    By john24susan in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th February 2008, 09:57
  4. Oil spray on bonnet near offside headlight
    By madvw in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th June 2006, 17:12
  5. Help removing oil/grease from front seats
    By technics100 in forum Detailing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd April 2006, 21:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO