boost hesitation

kevlibstt

Reaction score
hi i have a a3 1.8t aum 2001 .i have replaced oil/filter/sump s2000 air filter dv007 sillicone tip s/s decat dp . when i put my foot down and get to about 2500 revs it starts to hesitate i have checked the pipe work and cant find any splits

Last edited:
Got the same problem after de-catting mine mate, I think mine needs a remap because I've tried all the normal solutions and nothings worked.

Over boosting and the ecu is cutting the boost it sounds like, remap will fix this.

Check that the bolts from your Manifold to turbo are tight, as well as it could be a blown gasket that may need replacing.
its a triangular shaped gasket that sits between the manifold and turbo, will cause slow boost build up as well as you may not reach your normal boost levels.

Over boosting and the ecu is cutting the boost it sounds like, remap will fix this.

Not really no... if its over boosting on a std map then is hardware related and new software won't fix it...

<tuffty/>

hi not yet i have tried to download the vcds but i get a message controllers not responding

Need a full scan dude... that msg means nothing without context...

<tuftfy/>

Need a full scan dude... that msg means nothing without context...

<tuftfy/>

hi ,what i meant i have downloaded the free version of vcds lite from ross tec but having problems the comp finds the correct port but when i do the fault scan a message appears controller not responding any ideas thanks kev

Not really no... if its over boosting on a std map then is hardware related and new software won't fix it...

<tuffty/>

i mean that the mods are causing the turbo to work too well so gets more boost than expected, had this when playing with the actuator, stock map took upto 9psi before cutting it to 4. just a theory, im probably wrong lol