EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

changed cluster on audi now will not start

hi guys i changed the cluster on my audi a3 2002 8l model and it starts when you hook it up to the car then after a day the immobilizer kicks in and when you turn the switch the milage lights and other screens go blank and it doesn't allow the car to start i have formated the clocks and reprogrammed them and the same issue appears to be happening...... NOTE; there is no car on the clocks with key when i try to start it so i'm guessing it's not a key issue please help !!!!

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Faulty cluster? Why did you change it?

Reverse Gear

Status
    ll the diing wrong and bouncing up and down got the new one from a breakers it works fine when started the new one !!!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3joe's Instagram Channel
    Has it been coded into the car

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes it has been coded that is why it starts to begin with but when you leave it for a while it doesn't start and the milage and time bit of the cluster switches off and it doesn't start !

6th Gear

Status
    Does it start then cut out? Did the immolight work during coding? Formatted? Is it a vdo clock or something else and did you happen to use vag tacho or clone of commander?

Where abouts are you and what does vcds say?
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by @udi A3 View Post
    Does it start then cut out? Did the immolight work during coding? Formatted? Is it a vdo clock or something else and did you happen to use vag tacho or clone of commander?

Where abouts are you and what does vcds say?
    im not sure to be honest buddy ..... the guy doing it for me put the new cluster on and the temperature gauge was stuck on 90 degrees so he took the gauge off the old one and replaced it into the new unit and re- installed it and he says when he hooks it up it starts and runs fine then after a while of it being switched off say 12 hours when he goes to turn the engine again the clocks losses all the writing on the screen and it doesn't start..... but when you take the back fuses off and put them in again it starts fine again apparently... he is from what i know using a vag tacho but i'm not so technical myself when it comes to electrics so not sure if it is a vdo clock.... or what vcds is but i can ask him ....

he is now telling me that the new clocks have some kind of problem and it is nothing that he has done wrong and it is the chance you take with a second hand unit but any help you can give me i would be most indebted to you although i don't live in the uk any longer i feel a bit like i'm being taken for a ride if you know what i mean !!! thanks for your help in advance !

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'd say the clusters knackered. The cluster is the CAN gateway so when this fails she's got no hope of running...

6th Gear

Status
    What was the fault with original clocks? Try finding sa vdo replacement the jeager u have a notorious for failing. Trying to copy eeproms over, which is what it sounds like he did, will not work. Especially not with vag tacho! Vag tacho is good to read the pin/skc and vcds to program them in.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Reverse Gear

Status
    the original clocks were not working all the dials were wrong and jumping up and down speedo rev counter petrol gauge and thermostate !!