OEM Plus build

jitvv

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thought I’d start a build thread as I'm going Hybrid Turbo soon, and it would be nice to have a record of what has been done, the mission has always been to make the car as OEM Plus, my version of how she should have been from the factory.
So bought her in January 2012 with 109k looks like it was owned by someone from here as there was a old ASN sticker would love to chat to who ever owned her before. Hope you like. Btw God these cars are expensive to keep on the road / modify.
Spec
Current Mileage 150k
2001 S3 AMK 210BHP
Noggy Blue
Black Leather
Heated seats
Sunroof
Parking Sensors
Centre Armrest
RNS-D

Mods / Repairs so far.
Head Replacement as it cracked at 123k
Replacement Haldex Diff
Ambient light mod
RNS-E (A4 version)
TT Pedals
Apex springs
AP Shocks
OEM Top mounts all-round
OEM Front ball joints
OEM Track Rod ends
Audi TT RS Steering Wheel
LCR Brembo Brakes
LuK DMF and Sachs paddle clutch (Tuffty Spec)
Powerflex Trailing arm bushes
OEM Engine and Gearbox mounts
RS TT refurbished in Shadow Chrome
OEM VVT Cam Chain Tensioner (****** Expensive!!)

Future Mods to be carried out by Badger 5 :) soon
Rods
FMIC
BBT Hybrid Turbo
B5 Manifold
WMI
550 injectors

3inch Downpipe
B5 Custom remap

Attachments

• iPhone 5 979.jpg
    iPhone 5 979.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,308
Reactions: Ausjet_S3, PeterPatch1, Clart and 8 others
Another Noggy - awesome. OEM+ mods is my kind of S3 too. Subtle tweaks that it should have had from the factory. I like the steering wheel as the standard one is massive, but why not put an S3 one in there instead?

Reactions: jitvv
Does the tt Rs wheel fit straight on?

OEM++ is the future :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: vivalacoulter, sssline and jitvv
S3mad_dude - cheers, I went for this wheel as it's much chunkier

VAG_Slag - cheers, yep she's my daily driver.

Bennys3 - Yes it's a straight fit, you do have to get the airbag and MFSW wired up though.

That's a lovely example of a noggy right there. Looks great in those pics with the refurbished alloys :)

I was lucky enough to spot this parked at the back of the stand at AITP last year and it is beautiful :)

Fair play... You're not wrong about them being expensive to keep on the road! Which is why I've recently decided that a modified car as a daily is not the way forward for me... Then again I am doing 60 miles a day

Good luck with the build mate, will be following closely! Where about's in Hampshire are you?

Fair play... You're not wrong about them being expensive to keep on the road! Which is why I've recently decided that a modified car as a daily is not the way forward for me... Then again I am doing 60 miles a day

Good luck with the build mate, will be following closely! Where about's in Hampshire are you?

I used to do the same miles too, was fun but expensive.

Cheers

Latest update.

She with Bill at Badger 5

For :

Rods
FMIC
BBT Hybrid Turbo
B5 Manifold
WMI
550 injectors
3inch Downpipe
B5 Custom remap

Can't wat to see how she comes out.

The colour there looks spot on.
Loving the steering wheel and gear stick,
Very tidy car ! it will be a quick one too when it leaves Bills

Saw your car at B5 at the weekend - it's in good hands!

Keep us posted on results and your thoughts about the hybrid. Good luck!!

Looking forward to reading the updates.

This car looks awesome on the outside and with its new upgrades is gonna be a great all round package :)

Whats the timescale of getting it back?

I'm going down a similar route soon so will be good to see your progress. That's gonna be a nice bill mate!!

This car looks awesome on the outside and with its new upgrades is gonna be a great all round package :)

Whats the timescale of getting it back?

Cheers mate, hoping it will be April the 12th I if no hidden problems :) can't wait!

What a clean s3! Will be watching the progress closely, I'm currently rebuilding my block with rods i got from bill. What sort of figures are you hoping to achieve? Loving the gear-knob from the new s3, looks classy. I'm definitely looking on eBay for one now.

What a clean s3! Will be watching the progress closely, I'm currently rebuilding my block with rods i got from bill. What sort of figures are you hoping to achieve? Loving the gear-knob from the new s3, looks classy. I'm definitely looking on eBay for one now.

Cheers mate, hoping for 350 bhp :racer:

Latest update:

Spoke with Bill this morning she's all in bits, heads been sent off to a local machine shop as there was a small leak, I think he said a core plug needed replacing, new piston rings and rods in, Bill said that the bores seem ok, they have wear but are well within tolerance. Not bad for 152k !!

Reactions: s3dave
It only needs trimming along the bottom edge, other than that, fits straight in, some put a chrome trim along the top edge I personal think it looks fine without.

Sorry not updated this in a while, the latest is I should be picking her up on Friday 2nd May, I really can't wait!! It feels like a long time without her lol.

Being a "Car guy" i guess i only really expect you guys on here too understand not having the car for this long is like not having your "man bits" Lol the Mrs really don't get it! But too be fair too her she has let me thrash about in her Mini Cooper S all this time. Fun little car down the lanes I'll give it that, But it's just not as much fun as a old Skool S3.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve lol but 've got 6 more sleeps until then!!

Reactions: Gops
Could you tell me more about the clutch and where to get the parts please?

I'm always spending money on the car "improving" it as most people on here it only gets the best parts. That steering wheel looks awesome but a quick search they seem to be around £5-600! Maybe a "finishing touch" for me ;-) I'm excited to see your results. I bet you can barely sleep! Have you dreamt about driving the car and it being slow/fast? When I was having a forged build on my Evo I kept dreaming I had it back and it was slow! :-D Needless to say when I got it back it wasn't but it's funny how your subconscious works! :-D

I'm always spending money on the car "improving" it as most people on here it only gets the best parts. That steering wheel looks awesome but a quick search they seem to be around £5-600! Maybe a "finishing touch" for me ;-) I'm excited to see your results. I bet you can barely sleep! Have you dreamt about driving the car and it being slow/fast? When I was having a forged build on my Evo I kept dreaming I had it back and it was slow! :-D Needless to say when I got it back it wasn't but it's funny how your subconscious works! :-D

I do know what you mean about it thinking will it be fast or slow! I've been checking YouTube for 350bhp S3's still can't imagine how quick it will be, I just did my research of what I wanted done and getting the best man to do the job, I know I choose the best man to do the job. And I'm sure she will feel pretty quick. Never been in a 300 plus BhP 8L S3, my bro had a 310 Bhp 8P that felt pretty quick, and last car was a 356Bhp remapped e46 M3 which was super quick.

All I do know is it's going too be a lot quicker than before as I know my actuator was weak on my old turbo, and think the turbo was on its last legs as it had done 152k miles! Vagcom logging was showing airflow of about 245bhp ish but I reckon that was because of the B5 Tip that was massively helping flow, as the Badger says it's all about the flow. :blackrs4:

Got LuK DMF and pressure plate and bearing from GSF. And got the Sachs drive plate from Bill at Badger 5 :blackrs4:

Thanks, so if I phone GSF and literally ask for an audi s3 8l LUK dual mass flywheel, pressure plate and bearing they will send me the correct parts. Then contact Bill for the Sachs drive plate? Sorry if I seem dense I just don't want to order the wrong parts as I don't have a chuffin clue! This set-up is similar to standard in the way it feels/drives but is good for 450hp?

Cheers.