Alloy Corrosion!

JamS3

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with their alloys? Ive had my S3 now for nearly 8 weeks and white blobs have started to appear under the lacquer. When they are washed they secrete a milky substance out of them!!! My car is 2yrs old and took it to the dealer today and service woman said they would replace them under warranty until service manager came out and said they had been painted before and now they will only posssibly refurbish them?? Same thing happend to my dads polo gti and vw replaced his wheels.(he had car from new) Ive had no problems with the audi dealer as they have always been very helpful.

Jam, whos the dealer you talking about?

Is it Lookers? If so isnt Charlotte luuuurvely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

When you say youre alloys have white blobs, is it the actual wheels or the centre caps. The thing is my centre caps suffer from the same corrsion where the water has got under the laquer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif But what with the wheels now needing a refurb I dont suppose it matters much.

Now you are talking!!! Find myself just going in to Lookers just to stare at her!!! The blobs are on the wheels themself, the caps are fine. For info my wheels are the 17in Avus style.

I've got one word for you - Nails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Well they do look a bit vicious don't they!...but hey I'm willing to risk it for someone like that!!! It makes taking your car in for a service a pleasure. Seeing as i'm new to the dealers what u know about her? single etc..

Havnt a clue, most people turn to jelly when they go near her never mind have a conversation with her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Seriously though have you had much to do with Lookers. I find them ok for servicing / warrenty work etc and havnt had any problems with them.
How about you?
Oh, I lied, they washed my car when I asked them not to covering it in water stains, after I spent all weekend polishing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Iv'e been a few times in the 7-8wks ive had my car (bought from them) and thats not just cause of her!!
Had to take it back when I got it cause of a few probs
1) light on air vent dead so they replaced the vent on warranty
2) switch was missing on side pillar to turn off interior alarm so that was replaced on the warranty.
3) fog lights came on with dipped headlights so the switch was replaced on warranty.
4) the engine ecu light came on one night and I panicked so i took it without a appointment the next day and found out the engine coolant temp sensor had gone and they replaced that on the warranty too!
In all they have been excellent when i have took it in and apart from that the car is fine. Low milage when I bought it and the bodywork/paint is immaculate.
Due a service in 1800miles so will see how much that will cost!! What about yourself any major probs?

No major problems really. I never bought it off them. I bought mine privately, but with them being my local dealer they carry out the work.

I've only had the car since December and have only had to visit them a couple of times.
Had the track rod ends changed about a week after buying it. The AA inspection picked up that they needed changing. Done it under warrenty no problems, even thought the car is lowered.
Carried out a service again no probs, it was about £200 IIRC
Carried out first MOT.
Oh and then I extended my warrenty with them.

I'm going to pay them a visit this weekend as a few little problems are now starting to get on my nerves. The indicators keep sticking on and there is a noise, 3 beeps from the rear passenger side, when starting it in the morning. I think its something to do with the alarm sensors. Makes me glad I extended that warrenty.

Did you buy the silver one with the tinted windows they had in?

Oh and appologies for this entire thread being nothing to do with alloy corrosion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No I got the Absolute red one they had in about 7-8 wks ago. It had more extras on like heated leather, armrest, cruise, miltek exhaust and tracker. So it saved me some money already having all these! Plus only had 18k on for a 2yr old car. Swapped a chipped golf gti turbo in metallic blue with loads of extras for it and it was well worth it! Did you ever see the ab red one at the dealer when you were there?

If anyone needs RS4 replica alloys, I'm selling mine with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres. £625