best clutch stage 2 ??

frank s3

Reaction score
alrite guys had issues regarding clutch i fink its the release bearing but im going to change the whole thing as its alot of work plus money if goes wrong again can any one recommend what clutch kit is best??

Hi mate,

I have been researching clutches recently and other forum users are running the ones in the link below.

audi s3 carbon kevlar clutch | eBay

Might be worth sending vrbob a message as he is running a new setup on his stage 2 s3 and i know he researched and shopped around a bit.

Cheers
Adam

I'd look at SPEC (not sure which model) or Sachs Racing Clutch. If you want more OEM feel put it with a DMF, not a SMF.

Last edited:
Std OE clutch will handle the power of stage 2 but obviously clutch wear and longevity is hugely subject to you way you treat it... you can nuke a std clutch on std power if you try launching it everywhere, ride the clutch or live in a hilly place and hill start all the time...

Uprated organic clutches tend to be heavier as they use stiffer cover plates to increase clamping force but they are still subject to how they are used and spanking any clutch will greatly reduce its longevity..

I have used a DMF/OE cover and Sachs paddle plate for around 20k miles giving it launches, hillstarts, holding on the clutch etc... the plate was pretty much end of life but I only knew that because I took it out as part of my recent engine build... tbh it prob had about 5k left in it based on how I drive (I now work in a place that has no hills) but the DMF and cover would go again

<tuffty/>

Ok thanks guys i may go for more power in the future and i dont mind it bing non oe just dont want it going wrong again i was going to go with dmf sachs carbon kevlar clutch but think a solid flywould be better as i do give it stick when i can!

Ok thanks guys i may go for more power in the future and i dont mind it bing non oe just dont want it going wrong again i was going to go with dmf sachs carbon kevlar clutch but think a solid flywould be better as i do give it stick when i can!

I ran my DMF/Sachs paddle combo with over 400hp... I know a guy that drag raced a 500+ hp TT with the same combo and I plan to use the same combo again on my current GT35 setup

<tuffty/>

Is that the carbon kevlor one dude??

Is this the kiddy?? 28045462590 (ebay)