S3 exhaust trim

dgannon69

Reaction score
getting some S3 tail pipes welded onto my standard backbox because i'm such an S3 wannabe...haha

Anyone know where i can buy some?

Also is it hard to fit an S3 bumper to a 1.8T?

Regards
Dave

I think there have been a couple of posts in the past about S3 rear bumpers being fitted to A3's.

IIRC the S3 bumper will fit, if you use the A3 clips etc. Something like that.

AL

******. I've just binned a standard S3 backbox as I have replaced it with a sebring effort!

If only I'd known.. Sorry.

Try giving AmD a call. I'm sure they will have a few old exhausts lying around after people have upgraded to milteks etc... I'm sure they would be able to help.

oh gutted mate! cheers anyway though.

just called Amd and they said that they just bin them straight away
:-(

cheers

it got taken off mate. it was terrible. made the car loud and didnt drive smooth etc. now i'm just going to get some S3 tail pipes welded on...

Dave

yeh the whole £350 was refunded but they didnt put the back box on properly as u could still see it under the car.

I bought a Ripspeed trim today and have had that welded too one of the exit pipes and the other has been blocked off by sawing off the tail and welding some steel plate over it.

Is that a good idea or will this be making the car work to hard to get rid of fumes? if so i can easily saw off the steel plate.

Let me know what you think please guys???

Regards
Dave

mate im gettin my exhaust done this week. If you've got ur money back then im sure u'd want 1 again once u see mine. I cant wait... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
getting some S3 tail pipes welded onto my standard backbox because i'm such an S3 wannabe...haha

Anyone know where i can buy some?

Also is it hard to fit an S3 bumper to a 1.8T?

Regards
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
i did see this a while ago i dont if you can try and contact the person as they did not sell on ebay the had 2 of them i think being they would have to be welded on has put people off

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tailpipe-trim-Audi...1QQcmdZViewItem

HTH

yes that was what i was after mate but its too big. and besides, i have the trim welded on now anyway. you cannot tell its a taccy add on so its all good. haha

cheers

here are some pics with the new trim. I'm concerned about having one of the exit pipes at the box covered. i will just take it easy until i know its not going to ****** up anything.

Here is mine:

These are a4 8E pipes welded.

foro36gy.jpg