I made a video W.I.P opinions please :)

Mi11ar

Reaction score
Millars Audi A3 1.8T Sport W.I.P - YouTube

I seen someone else's and thought I'd give making my own a stab, just wanted to share it an get your opinions, it's only a glorified slide show with a sound track but I think with a little more time and possibly some video included they could be a good way of summarising your W.I.P more easily than scrolling through pages of threads.

Reactions: s3dave
looks good, alot of work has gone into it. 2 questions

how well has the plasti dip lasted on the wheels? im temped to do mine but not sure yet.
and what size bung did you use for the rear wiper delete?

Reactions: Mi11ar
The plasti dip lasted for about 4 Months only problem is when I got new tires the tire fitters started playing about with it because they were confused what it was an peeled allot of it off... but I carry a spare can in my boot an anytime any of it peels off I just spray it directly onto the effected area and then its sorted, even if you get it on the tire or anywhere you don't want it you just peel it off, it's great because I'm not spending silly money getting the standard alloys re-sprayed and cba doing it myself as I eventually want new ones but it's a nice quick fix.

The FMIC is just some Ebay special AUDI A3 A4 A6 TT VW GOLF MK4 GTi BORA 1.8 TURBO FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT FMIC | eBay it was a nightmare to fit though I had it in my garage for about 2 Months because I gave up trying but eventually a local mechanic managed it, he had to chop piping up, use some bits of piping he had lying around, an fit the thing upside down before it would all fit, complete nightmare but I only paid £160 for it so what do you expect? lol

As for the de-wiper bung I can't remember the exact size but I'll attach a picture of the packaging so that you can find the same one in Halfords, it only cost a few pennies and it's the largest size bung they sell, you will see when you see the sizes of the other bungs that, that's the only one that will fit :)

1455095 10151738759965108 217676681 n

As for the video I've been given allot of stick from none car enthusiasts about the money I spend on my car, the age of car and loads more but I'm collating screen shots of all these negative comments and I'm going to include them in my next video along with videos of the Car on track days once the KO4 conversions finished :)

Reactions: s3dave
As for the video I've been given allot of stick from none car enthusiasts about the money I spend on my car, the age of car and loads more but I'm collating screen shots of all these negative comments and I'm going to include them in my next video along with videos of the Car on track days once the KO4 conversions finished :)

None car enthusiasts will never understand......

You'll get used to the constant barrage of negative comments and as soon as you mention the word 'modification' you are instantly branded as a McDs raving Barry boy! lol

Wait until they have one hiccup with their car and they come running to you....or better yet- they don't bother mentioning it to you- they take it to a dealership and get torn a new one, having to replace parts that weren't needed and paying dealer prices!

Cheers for the details on the bung- something I've been meaning to do as I only activate my rear wiper by accident, so have been meaning to delete it :)

Reactions: Mi11ar
thanks for the info.

i've plasti dipped my front grill and badges, its lasted about 8 months before i accidentally dropped my alternator on it while replacing it so its taken a bit of the plasti dip off. i might plasti dip my wheels not sure yet.

im the same as you kwistof, never use the rear wiper, ive owned the car 6 years and never replaced the wiper. only time i use it is when i bang my leg on the stalk or something. may aswell get rid of the thing.

ive owned the car 6 years and never replaced the wiper.

You win....I've had my motor 5 and half years and replaced the wiper once because the metal part was a bit rusty - but the rubber wiper blade was still brand spanking new! lol

Your very welcome :)

I didn't help there argument when my engine seized, it was my own fault the oil light came on and I tried to limp it home as it was raining and my phone was about to die so didn't wanna pull over get wet an not be able to contact them..... that back fired and I needed to replace the engine, then 1 month later the Car comes of the road on slipy mud and my gear box gets smashed along with loads of other things, so this just adds fuel to the fire but on both occasions it wasn't the Cars fault it wouldn't have needed any money spending on it if it wasn't for my fault, so why should I replace the Car...