Oh dear my love affair with Kerbs...

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
.. has scaled new heights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

No one else involved, just a moments indecision on a busy roundabout and I smacked into the kerb at 30-40 (ok maybe faster). I tried to avoid the kerb at the last moment and so instead of getting a staight 'blow out' and some feeder damage, I turned and let the alloy (and steering, and suspension, and chasis, and god knows what else) take the full impact.

I almost saved the front tyre (but a huge gorge and buckled alloy is no concillation) & the rear blew out instead. Bummer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Preliminary assessments are not good.

Nearside wheel (or impact point) now points out ('toe out' style) while offside is straight. Also steering wheel tracking is messed up.

Rear looks as though it could be dead too.

Audi technician was quoting thousand if I've twisted the chasis. Said he'd seen a similar thing on a TT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Thats a bummer mate. Maybe a trip to Romax is on the cards for you also eh. The next time you via Sunderland /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Lee don't feel bad, I did the same a few months back which resulted in this

Oh dear mate sorry to hear about that, i had an incident with a bus the other day and have had a quote for 1,100 on my S3 to replace the door and repair the rear quarter, it's booked in on monday for the work, anywayz i'm driving into work yesterday morning and some ***** pulled across the lane without looking in his blind spot, now i have to get another estimate for the opposite side door and front wing... Howz your luck. I'm looking at 2G's easily

Hopefully you stopped and got some details this time though mate.
At least then you wont be the one out of pocket.
Oh and you'll be able to sue the ****** for whiplash and that'll pay for the incident with the bus.

Can i join in? I pranged mine the other day.
Audi want £660 for a new track rod, new alloy, and 4 wheel alignment. Then the body shop want £700 for smoothing and respraying the bumper,a new splash guard, re-shaping and spraying the wing, door trim and blending the door.
Sorry to hear about everyone elses little mis-haps

Well the technician got back to me today and he said he can't see anything twisted underneath, but they can only really tell when the new alloys and tyres are in place anyway. Something about lasers. Sounded good.

Thanks to Jon at AMD, I should have a couple of shiny new alloys plus tyres and we'll take it from there.

Already lost the £250 excess and 2 years of my 'no claims' record though... Doh!