photo request/opions.... BLACK s3 with silver wheels or black!?!?

Reaction score
just after some photos being put up of black s3's with silver wheels and also ones with black wheels.....

carnt make my mind up, ideally im going to be buying XXR 527's but carnt decide gloss black or silver...

whats peoples opions....

XR527 1582 1CB JAPSHOPXR527 1582 2FS

Why do i feel you know you want black. But you want reassurance?? I have a black s3 with silver wheels and im getting mine powder coated gloss black. Those wheels are awesome looking to by the way. Will really suit black on black. Only my opinion though. Daz

I've got a black S3 and had my wheels refurbed anthracite I like the look with darker wheels!

8L or 8P or 8V ?
Plenty of pics in the model relevant stickies for ideas

Personally don't like black on black. Gunmetal grey? Does look nice on black s3. If it's a choice between black and silver I would go silver

Just seeing what peoples ideas are. Iv had both colours before but really struggling to decide this time.. black on black does stand out an look mean but silver an black looks more stylish without sounding to gay hah!

my car when i bought it, mirrors and wheels plastidipped black.
and now with the wheels silver and the alu mirrors. I prefer silver.
20131228 115519

20140126 113125

Reactions: Westy
Before you do anything OP I would suggest getting those smoked rear clusters of your car...

Reactions: superkarl
I bought the car with them on. Dont think there too bad personally. If a cheap set of standards ever turned up then I would change but for now other things to be bought. Cheers for the photos "freek" quite helpfull!

Depends what look your going for. Silver wheels on black car look tidy and clean, almost standard looking. Black wheels on black car look stealthy, but i think to achieve the right look with black/black you'd have to tint a few other things.

On my ming blue a3, I've got matt silver wheels, clear indicators but headlight inners tinted, looks subtle.

I'm sure it wasn't that long ago, I was reading on these forums people raving about STEALTH. darken the grille, dark wheels, tinted lenses, logos (sometimes removal of them!) etc. I cringed at most of those stories. it was bordering on the Audi-anonymous club.

anyway, Anthracite wheels don't look too bad on certain coloured cars, but generally you can tell where i stand on wheel colour.

they look like gloss black - must be the angle of the photo.

btw, I have always wondered what the overall look would be with classic carbon fibre cover on the alloys - especially on ming blue car.