What milege does your S3 have,

so what did you kill your engine?

not not killed my engine,

its just that i can get insured on a S3 now

1.6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off,

i want 1.8T but its expensive in grey (i want the same colour)

insurance from 1.8t to S3 is not much, but i wouldnt mind a silver or ming blue S3

but it would be pre facelift, still got a while to go before i get one

[ QUOTE ]
so what did you kill your engine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do anything, very long story but ended up needing a new short engine, reconditioned head, turbo and everything that goes with that... oh and a £7,000 bill from those chaps you don't really like!

i worded that wrongly,what killed your engine?did you drop a valve?

you didn't actually pay 7k ,was it under warranty?

1999 V plate at 79k miles. Apart from the odd "common" problem like fuel tank senders which was fixed under warranty the car is as tight as ever.

[ QUOTE ]
i worded that wrongly,what killed your engine?did you drop a valve?

you didn't actually pay 7k ,was it under warranty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there is some debate about that, the best I can gather it was down to local overheating causing a piston ring to fail, then on the journey home (I assumed it was a MAF or coilpack as it was only a problem at idle etc) I think it managed to burn over 1.5 litres of oil without the warning going off, and in this process it scored the bore of the cylinder and the turbo was ******** from oil starvation without so much as one ****** warning light coming on, on the dash!

And yes I did actually end up paying 7k to AmD and that was after a serious moan.

I forgot to mention that once rebuilt the first time one of the (new) spark plugs fell apart and smashed an exhaust valve (never really got to the bottom of this one) and this should have been covered under the audi parts warranty through AmD but wasn't because wayside Audi and Audi UK are the biggest bunch of C/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifS in the world!

Rant over... I don't think I'll ever really know what exactely went on, and I would have done things very differently if I knew then what I know now!

[ QUOTE ]
1999 V plate at 79k miles. Apart from the odd "common" problem like fuel tank senders which was fixed under warranty the car is as tight as ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats something i would be looking at, how many miles did you buy it for ?

does the car still feel the same from the day you got it ? and was it trade or private

I think there is a oil pressure warning not sure about oil level warning?
sorry to hear about your misfortune.Does sound a mystery?

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a oil pressure warning not sure about oil level warning?
sorry to hear about your misfortune.Does sound a mystery?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure either to be honest, that said I would have expected with that much burn't both should be going off but hey wtf do I know.

The whole spark plug / head disaster really bugs me and I don't think I'll ever know what caused what. AmDs service was also not that great when things started to go very wrong, that said I am very happy with the work they have done and have been back twice since for services.

just out of interest did they replace it with a bam engine?

2002, 76k

...beat you all.
was it meant to be a competition?!?!?!?!?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
just out of interest did they replace it with a bam engine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope as it only looked like it was going to need a new short engine to start with it's still an APY, like I said if I'd known how bad everything was going to be right from the start I'd now have a larger bore in my old block, forged pistons and a big turbo as it would have come in about the same price I reckon maybe a little more for the custom downpipe etc which again is why I'm more than a little irritated about it sometimes!

[ QUOTE ]
2002, 76k

...beat you all.
was it meant to be a competition?!?!?!?!?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

2000 76K - sorry it's a tie!