Turbo Upgrade! Interest?

mazzy

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi guys,

How many of you guys are really interested in tubo upgrades?

Every1 talks about it but who wants to upgrade theirs?

Whats holding you guys back?

I need answers as i may have a suprise instore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Im going to go with ATP´s k04 eliminator (GT28RS), with DN-performance exhaust manifold, bigger injectors and custom software.

I´ve been contacted to DN-performance and asked about that manifold and im going to order it maybe this week. Then im going to get that eliminator as soon as those arrive to our local ATP distributor. Hope those are bolted on in next summer...

revdup:
What turbo setup are you planning to use?

i have upgraded to a ihi vf34 turbo.Goes like stink.
If you need any advice then i'll answer any questions you have.

[ QUOTE ]
Partly money. I have other things other than cars in my life. I'd feel a bit weird spending it all on an engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, like needing a floor, fireplace, skirting board, bathroom, furtniture, driveway, garden landscaping....

I am well into the idea of upgrades, but i'd get beaten to a gibbering wreck if I w*nked away £10k on upgrading the car I already get hassle about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

me too, like needing a floor, fireplace, skirting board, bathroom, furtniture, driveway, garden landscaping....

I am well into the idea of upgrades, but i'd get beaten to a gibbering wreck if I w*nked away £10k on upgrading the car I already get hassle about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

ok, but most of you have everything else... Big brakes, suspension etc...

How much is the minimum that it will cost for an upgrade and what is included?

e.g.
Big Turbo
Custom Manilfold
Custom Downpipe
Remap
Injectors etc...

Is 3k - 3.5k too much to spend? On your lovely S3?

[ QUOTE ]

Is 3k - 3.5k too much to spend? On your lovely S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a choice between 2 seconds off my 0-60 (or even 60-0), or 10 days in Italy..

I'd fight my corner well, but I'd always lose (more like give in)...

As much of a bsatard I can be, I'm not heartless enough to take away the dreams of others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd go for the 10 days in Italy personally.

I got an uber bonus at work this year and one of my thoughts was a big turbo.

But I want to move to europe in the next few years, so all my savings are going into more of a "lifestyle" project if that makes sense. I need to fund 4 holidays this year partly checking countries out.

Toys are great, but I'm about a little more than that.

I have no problem with people modding their cars tho, as its a very fun pasttime. I just limit mine a bit.

Well I "talked" about fitting a k03S and getting that mapped, and then went and did it.

I'm sure people aren't just boasting what they might fit. Its not really that type of forum. Also not everyone posts every mod.

Different people, different circumstances.

I look forward seeing yours when its done revdup. Sounds interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
So basically everybody is all talk? lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of people are interested in the idea of a big turbo upgrade...its kind of a dream to all of us.

But I think the majority of people have other commitments in life...mortgage, house projects, bills, holidays, kids, keeping two cars on the road, the list goes on.

For instance we went on 6 holidays/long-weekends last year, and shelled out about 8 grand to gut and renew two bathrooms. We also had the patio done at a cost of 2.5 grand. I'm sure if I were to add all that up, I'd have been able to afford 1, if not 2, big turbo kits. But there are other things which take priority. And I think it will be the same for most people.

I think there is a rare few that have the disposable income and the desire to big turbo an S3. But even those with the disposable income probably choose not to, and opt to move up to car that is even faster as standard.

My 2p.

AL

i have bosch 440cc injectors these are good for 380bhp max with a 4 bar fpr.I will be swapping these shortly for 630cc which should be good for near 500bhp at 4 bar.
minimum would be(depends on car)
injectors/poss fuel pump
manifold
turbo
Lines/banjos/fittings oil/coolant
downpipe(to include discharge module)
sports cat/de-cat
half decent exhaust system
new maf(or bigger maf)
maf to turbo inlet pipe
turbo outlet to ic pipe

oh and mapping

i dont mean to be offensive just asking thats all, i see it as we at this forum all like family /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My upgrade should be soon, gotta get my exhaust done 1st. Any recommendations on my upgrade?
Is the gt25 any good?

It booked in early nxt week.

Hey, no offence taken Revdup. It's a good question. Hope you didn't think my reply was too abrupt. Didn't mean it to be.

I guess I was just reassuring myself as to where all our money goes - hence hardly any mods!

It just shows though, as soon as you get a house and settle down, your money goes on other things. Its swings and roundabouts. Unless you are loaded of course, in which case, house, mods etc. will be no problem. And there are a few people like that knocking about on the forums.

Cheers

AL

its not so much paying for the turbo thats the problem its all the stuff that goes with it. the costs soon start to mount up.

although hopefully one day someone will come along with one cheap enough.

Not many people talk about teh IHI do they? All I ever hear talk of is the Eliminators etc etc... why are people not looking at Jabba for their Big Turbo mods.

That said the people that HAVE actually done it are running IHI - and are VERY happy with it.

Less lag, proven solution sold as a complete kit - Easy Life...

What is the IHI rated to? Mine was about 360ish I think... it was running 340BHP

the thing with the eliminators is the price, and ease of fitment. Works out cheaper all in all.

Rich

So is 3k, too much to pay for an upgrade?

Which consists of:
Turbo,
Custom Manifold,
Custom Downpipe
FMIC.
Remap
Injectors.

Is there anything i've missed on the list? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Look at my list above,that is what you need.3K is cheap for a full big turbo upgrade including mapping.May i ask which turbo and who is mapping?

[ QUOTE ]
how do i post up pictures? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Upload your pics to imageshack.us or one of the other free hosting sites and then post them like this.

(img)http://www.webaddress.com/etc..(/img)

But swap the round brackets to square brackets.

I think its a gt25, i knw its capable of atlest 330bhp. MIJ Performance will be hybrdising it to be able to hand 1.4 bar boost.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

Should be having it fiited soon by them, with the FMIC, Manifold, Injectors, etc...

A gt25 should be able 2 bar of boost no problem.Are you sure it's not a t25?

oh yeah the pulsar came with the t28 and that is what you have.A standard turbo is good for 320-330bhp absolute top line.There's loads of hybrids available and obviously anything with a t25 flange will fit the manifold wich means gt series stuff ,just watch clearance of the compressor housing.

I've just spoken to MIJ Performance and Jay told me that the turbo is exactly like wat he had twins of on the r34 skyline. So i mean is that better than the pulsar?

Not got that good of a idea of what a r34 skyline comes with to be honest.
Good luck with the project.