Stereo fitted

Tony gold

Reaction score
Just had a dab kenwood stereo fit by Halfords, had nothing but problems with it, they have charged me about £68 for extra components just to connect up to the symphony system, has to go back in for the 3rd time this weekend due to whining when accelerating, does any know what leads I actually need. Cheers

your problem was getting halfords to fit it, they know nothing, when i installed my sub in my old car (few yrs ago) i had a problem with a noise on accelerating and it was my earth lead at fault, not sure if its a similar prob hapenning with yours, so could be they have some wires mixed?

As above you shouldnt have had it fitted by them!!

Now that obviously doesnt help you now, but check the earths and see if they are all ok.

I thought it would of been easier just to let them do it as I bought it from them, but it's been more hassle than it's worth!!! They have damaged my pillar, they have had the car for a totall of 1.5 days, never again!!!!! Cheers for the info

Have you got the car back yet or are they still working on it??

I would make sure all damages are compensated for.

They have damaged my pillar, they have had the car for a totall of 1.5 days, never again!!!!! Cheers for the info

I hope you have some before and after pictures and an apology from them for doing this to your pillar.

I'm sure their head office would be delighted to here this news - definitely look for some compensation and free fitting is really not good enough if that's what they come back with!

It's been put on hold at the mo as the car has gone in the garage to have new suspension,bushes, track rod ends etc, so going to get on the case with it at the end of the week. The manager does know about this and has said that I had to think about what they could do to rectify this, he didn't like the word of compensation as he he said it was an old car, I also said to him the pillar had no damage to it so was like new!! The manager is a right tool!!!!!

Take it to head office and let them decide fella, it sounds like the manager is going to try and brush it off in store so the fitter can carry on damaging other peoples 'old' cars. Compenstion to him = a telling of from head office and a possible bonus decrease.

You've let them try to rectify the problem (3 times now), the manager has admitted it's their mistake and the only reason he can give is that the cars old! Pretty sure there isn't an age limit on cars they can fit stereos too is there!? It's just whether it fits or not eg double din/single din

Cheers Kwistof, it's a single din kenwood DAB which was fitted so they had to put a DAB Ariel on the front screen passenger side, the manager did take some photos already, going to phone them tomorrow and see what they say