K04 hybrid. power you just have to see to believe... and lmao at the same time

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
K04 K16 clipped/clearanced,7+7, BBT hybrid on a stroker...., largeport head, 80% meth wmi, forge fmic, LCR, B5 induction.... max'd 550cc injectors

Unplanned boost... N75 crapped out, but timing pull was ok, and I was keepign beady eye on very high egt's...
1521832_497033407081416_37452193_n.jpg

Well and truely setting a power/torque figure from a k04 framed turbo beyond my imagination..
Not safe.. dont try this at home, but intriguiing outcome none the less. Poor v3 mani on it glowed like the sun +++
Horrendous flow restriction, and suicidal egt's .... but damn.. Was never expecting to see this outcome.. K04 ***.. a one off spec but still a K04..

Damn!

Reactions: AVLO, sssline, Westy and 7 others
That's going to be 1 very happy customer leaving B5 today!

Nice work Bill and Dan.

That's going to be 1 very happy customer leaving B5 today!

Nice work Bill and Dan.

Just to clarify... This was not a planned outcome, but a result of an N75 malfunctioning so turbo was flat out... but the results were very unexpected..

the car in question left with 320bhp/300lbft as the egt's would soar to daft levels after 5k such was the flow limit pushing into the v3..

during that dyno pull I was looking at Cf which were remarkably ok and egt's which I lifted early as they went into ludicrous levels... only then noticing the dyno plot and data showing what it had been up to... feck me moment.. how much boost? I had'nt touched boost from its 20psi level before, but n75 crapping out had other ideas.

The big question now for me is add my high flow big bore manifold to this setup, rebore its hotside to match my larger collector, and then truely see what it flows like with egt's which are pseudo sensible... like our lupos 372bhp on smallport from 1.4bar boost amd egt max of 855'c

Makes you think..

Stroker ftw tho... lol

I want one in lupo now... Wonder if MrsB would notice.. Hmmmm

Reactions: jojo, slowcoach3, kwistof and 1 other person
29.5psi at 6500rpm against a large port 2.0 engine is some serious amount of air being moved!

Pretty nuts Bill. Not seen much make 400lbft on your dyno, let alone a ****** ko4!

Shame it's not useable or safe, but a ****** interesting finding none the less! Must have been some shock!

Well excited seeing this my stroker build will be
Getting built 1st of feb with ko4 hybrid
Large port head TSR manifold can't wait to see
What results I get....

Well excited seeing this my stroker build will be
Getting built 1st of feb with ko4 hybrid
Large port head TSR manifold can't wait to see
What results I get....

I hope you already have the mani, as TSR have stopped producing them

29.5psi at 6500rpm against a large port 2.0 engine is some serious amount of air being moved!

Pretty nuts Bill. Not seen much make 400lbft on your dyno, let alone a ****** ko4!

Shame it's not useable or safe, but a ****** interesting finding none the less! Must have been some shock!

yep.. a lot of air.. did'nt think it would have had it in it.. especially whilst blowing thru a small collector..
stroker and largeport.. Hmmmm 80% meth wmi

372bhp on the table from lupo from a lot less boost but its smallport was hurting it..

this one, less timing, more boost it punched thru and onward.

staggered.. it did it.

egts

all I will say..

40mm collector not helping.

yeah i agree will be interesting to see how mine fairs.... iv got the old narrow band setup
but converting it to BAM i got the entire loom unfortunately my hybrid is K04-22 but is a
brand new unit so will be putting the EGT probe in the downpipe Dan is mapping mine..
the runners on my tsr looking quite a bit longer then the v3 so wether this will have any
bearing on slightly lower egts i dont know.... we will see

cheers

Actually bill was a large port mani involved in this setup ? i have a ported stock at the
moment but will chuck the 034 motorsport one on eventually...

Actually bill was a large port mani involved in this setup ? i have a ported stock at the
moment but will chuck the 034 motorsport one on eventually...

this was on a v3 relentless... 1100'c on this.....
40mm outlet.. My manis 47mm outlet... 855'c temps at 372bhp on smallport in comparison...

stock inlet if thats what you mean