Headlamp washers not working anymore

Reaction score
My car has failed it's MOT due to the headlamp washers not working so need to sort it asap. They used to work fine, I've checked the fuse n it's ok, you can hear the second pump come on but nothing happens. I've just taken the bumper off to check for splits but can't see any leaks, I've taken a pipe off and water flows out but doesn't increase when the second pump comes on. I've had a search and read a few threads but no one appears to have had the same issue as me, so if anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Sounds like the pump, try extending the washer pipe to above the height of the washer bottle and try the pump does not push the water out I would say it’s the pump.

if you have an air line you can disconnect the hose at the bumper, connect to the hose and check the h l washers pop up.

mark

Reactions: Airs
Mine didn't work,

So I gave them a tug and pulled them out and they started working again after that.

Lights have to be on remember... and it has been cold the last couple of nights maybe they are frozen?
If not as above try get them working manually they may be just stiff..

Well the pump was working but not connected to the impeller as the casing is cracked at the top, so the pump had risen slightly and disconnected itself. Put some sikaflex round the pump and clamped it in place with a jubilee clip and it's working perfectly now. Passed it's MOT today as well so I'm happy :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390433310439382

Reactions: StaceyS3 and s3dave
Hmm i wonder if that's the problem with , they are £60 quid or so from audi!!!!!

You can get a replacement febi bilstein one off ebay for about £17 - i've had one on mine for a year without and problems.

apart from the OP, has anyone else failed a MOT on this? I took my front bumper off to fit the FMIC and noticed the hose for the headlight washers had been plugged up :-/ looks like it's been plugged up for a while as the hose clip was extremely rusty..

I will report back tomorrow with what the mot man says..

Legally speaking, if the car has factory xenons then it has to have headlamp washers. Actually have talked to a couple mot fellas about this specifically. Though in my experience some notice them and some don't :D

Well it passed today with no advisories!

Reactions: russwuss