Brake upgrade

fazer0

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my brakes at some point in the future, just wondering whats best to get on a budget. I've been looking at brembo front brake kit but im only seeing for a grand, can you find these for cheaper, as either full kits or buying piece by piece. I'm after lcr brakes pretty much brake power wise or slightly better if its not much more expensive. Ideas of what people are running would be nice.

Callum

If i bought the pads, disks and calipers separate would they be able to go straight on, or would i need something else to get them to fit that would be in the kits. Or would the kit be easier and better to get

You will need callipers, carriers, discs, pads and brake lines to suit

I have recently seen a porsche cayenne brake upgrade on a S3 and it looks the shizzle and im sure the big 6 pots will stop you. Maybe something to look into calipers go for around £550, carriers £85 then discs lines and pads but for under £1000 im sure it must be a good brake upgrade. How would the rest of the braking system cope with those sort of brakes?

From experience a cheap set of calipers that look a bargain often turns into an expensive brake upgrade if they have no carriers with them.

I bought a set of Brembo Junior GT's for £175. But then add carriers @ £150, discs @ £150, pads @ £40, hoses @ £40, HT bolts @ £15. It starts heading towards £600. Worth being aware of what everything costs before buying an incomplete used setup.

Seen a few full LCR brembo setups go in the £400's recently.