MASSIVE problems with my Sport

Good luck :)

Just don't rush in cutting all the wires at once... be a lot easier that way :)

<tuffty/>

Now that's just plain old mean Tuffty, 'liking' the fact I've got to undo spaghetti junction ;) . ....In the rain aswel with the look of it :scared2:

I'm hoping to take it all the way back to the ECU Plug :sadlike: Do you just take the other Plug's off the Harness or can they be used aswel? Not sure where their for!?

My 1st double page Thread on here :thumbsup:

I thought I'd have a read through your Build Thread earlier :w00t: I got to page 20, thought I'd cheat as I wanted to see some vid's, so skipped to the last PAGE '62'!!!!!!!!!!!! Only to find a completely different set up haha haha hahaha So I think I'm just going to have to read the other 45 pages hey!!!!!!!!!

Do you see anything 'interesting' in the Log's?!

Last edited:
So, replacing the Coil Pack Harness!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf:

20140127_145831.jpg

View attachment 26506

Last edited:
I have a split in the Y Piece of the PCV Hose. These Wires run underneith there & were covered in Oil! It had got inside the Conduit & had actually worked it's way underneith the Insalation Tape aswel!

20140127_145859.jpg

View attachment 26507

Last edited:
Then things got better, when I removed the Plug from the ECU I noticed 2 of the Holes looked like they had 'rust' inside

9hBhLUJ8hMIH4UkB1mVBS8xjvWisPjmBBU3bz6CzoNY=w671-h503

Last edited:
Oh look, there's a swimming pool inside my ECU Plug Socket!!! This is the part that's actually connected to the ECU itself. You can also see moisture droplets on the back part & the discoloured Pin's

20140127_153629.jpg

View attachment 26509

Last edited:
This is the Plug from under the Battery Tray. Also with moisture in it & defintely corroding 1 of the Pin's! All Seal's etc on these Plug's look perfect & still 'popped' from suction when pulled apart

20140127_154850.jpg

View attachment 26510

Last edited:
Once I'd got right into the ECU Plug I found out just how bad things are!!! Somehow, as if my majic, there's gritty water right down into the very inside of the Plug Terminals :puke2:

20140127 161616

Last edited:
Even without the Coil Pack part of the Harness with the usual split's etc this has to have a lot to do with my problem's!! I've not Jetwashed the Car or anything so the only thing that could of caused this is just rain & the water from the Window Wipers getting into what must be the most stupid place to put an ECU!!