• 1 Post By <tuffty/>
  • 1 Post By badger5
  • 3 Post By S3ben
  • 1 Post By AVLO

Thread: 22psi with no mods?

Neutral

Status

Question 22psi with no mods?

I fitted a boost gauge on Saturday and it's saying 22psi the car had no mods apart from a pcv and n249 delete. I'm thinking that it may be mapped not sure if it's stage one or two. Is there anyway to lower the boost?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    22psi is quite a bit for stage 1...

Have you scanned for any fault codes? it may have been mapped for this... one check you could try is unplugging the N75 electrically and it should sit around 7ish psi...

Ideally you need to log boost request and see whats being asked... you will be able to tell if its mapped or broken from that... block 115 in VCDS will give you requested boost vs actual boost

Normally though if there is a big deviation in boost the ECU will protect itself dumping boost (which it can't do anymore as you have done the N249 delete) and closing the throttle plate to reduce load... this should be obvious as its typically like hitting a brick wall when it comes in..

<tuffty/>
    S3ben likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    22psi is quite a bit for stage 1...

Have you scanned for any fault codes? it may have been mapped for this... one check you could try is unplugging the N75 electrically and it should sit around 7ish psi...

Ideally you need to log boost request and see whats being asked... you will be able to tell if its mapped or broken from that... block 115 in VCDS will give you requested boost vs actual boost

Normally though if there is a big deviation in boost the ECU will protect itself dumping boost (which it can't do anymore as you have done the N249 delete) and closing the throttle plate to reduce load... this should be obvious as its typically like hitting a brick wall when it comes in..

<tuffty/>
    Thanks tuffty ill un plug the n75 before work and see what happens. I've scanned with vcds and no fault codes. I shall do some logs and post them this week thanks again

6th Gear

Status
    maybe someone fitted a Forge Split-R valve?
    Nilz, superkarl, StaceyS3 and 1 others like this.
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex C View Post
    maybe someone fitted a Forge Split-R valve?

Hi hi yes it has got one there fitted by previous owner I've got it on 18 clicks. Can these cause boost problems?

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ben View Post
    Hi hi yes it has got one there fitted by previous owner I've got it on 18 clicks. Can these cause boost problems?
    Amazing
    Lavis89 and CMcKenzie like this.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Westy, kwistof, StaceyS3 and 3 others like this.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. here we go again :D

Have a quick read through the dumpvalve section on the stickies mate, the forge split-r is only good for scrap metal or maybe a pen holder
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Vent pod boost gauge, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave (RIP) adjustable tie bars, FMIC

Soon to be done: SAI delete, 3" Catback, Stage 2 remap

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ben View Post
    As you might have gathered from the responses the split-r is not a particularly popular valve...

I would suggest you replace this with a new OE valve or if you want a bit of bling a 007 or 008 but make sure its the latest revision with the new non leaking piston

Here is some reading for you...
    The not so great Forge Splitter question

<tuffty/>
    S3ben likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

RIP S3dave

Status
    more click more boost... thats how it works is'nt it?

22psi according to a guage of VCDS?
    cammage08 likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Neutral

Status
    Hi I'd just like to say thanks to everyone on this one. Didn't think about the DV or so called dv lol. I'm going to get a oem one I think and take this over priced piece of crap off. so glad I didn't pay the £166 for it. I'll wait to do logging until I've put the oem DV on as these cause so many problems its not worth doing.
    Once again you guys have come up trumps thank you all.

1st Gear

Status
    Lmao at this topic again...where's our Aussie friend? He knows where to get the ones that work properly lol you must have the faulty uk one

1st Gear

Status
    I had a similar issue pal in the sense as I bought what I thought was a completely standard car. After having a look over it, all I had noticed is that it had a shady decat, other than that it was completely standard hardware even the airfilter and box. After having fitted my boost gauge I realised the car was boosting to 23-24psi although it was progressive anyway the modding continued and when I finally got round to having all the stage 2 hardware fitted I took the old girl for a custom map. On the run before the mapping took place it made 267hp and 305lbft which was worrying to say the same map was running on a completely standard car other than a decat.

Just shows that some folk out there dont have the first clue about mapping
    S3ben likes this.
    BRING ON THE WET WEATHER ​QUATTRO FTW

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AVLO View Post
    I had a similar issue pal in the sense as I bought what I thought was a completely standard car. After having a look over it, all I had noticed is that it had a shady decat, other than that it was completely standard hardware even the airfilter and box. After having fitted my boost gauge I realised the car was boosting to 23-24psi although it was progressive anyway the modding continued and when I finally got round to having all the stage 2 hardware fitted I took the old girl for a custom map. On the run before the mapping took place it made 267hp and 305lbft which was worrying to say the same map was running on a completely standard car other than a decat.

Just shows that some folk out there dont have the first clue about mapping
    that's not good hope I'm not in the same boat. Your right dose make you wounder about some people.
    I've wound the useless dv back to 1 click and boost is a lot more progressive than before. Hopefully getting a oem one tomorrow or Friday.
    I haven't even taken it over 2700 rpm since Saturday to worried about rods ect. Hopeing to be at stage 2 mods soon fmic and 3" dp and sports cat badger 5 tip to get then fit it all.