CD changer removal to fix screen wash leak..

Paul-RS6

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Does anyone have ther procedure to remove the cd changer (and bose sub if required) on the S3

Im told there is a screen wash joint behind the cd changer in this area, and i need to get at it to repair it.

Ive tried this afternoon , and couldnt even get the changer out!

id like to know what im up against, to decide wether to do it myself or push it through warranty.

Cheers

I've just removed my Changer to replace it with the Phatbox.
If it was in the same as mine, its easy.

To the left of the cage there is 2 number 8 nuts. One at the front, one behind it at the back. Ideally a screwdriver with a socket attatchment is what you need to get at it.
remove those 2, then there was one screw holding mine at the front.

Remove the cage as far as it will come, then access the screws holding the changer to the cage, to allow the 2 to seperate, then its out.

thanks.

ive had the two nuts off.

ive taken the screw out that fixes to the sub.

But it still seems attached, it will rock, left to right, but not come forwards.

There is a load of electrical stuff on the top of the changer on another bracket.

to remover the changer bracket, do you have to take the changer out first then?

Not sure what the other stuff is on top of the changer ? I had nothing on top of mine.
The way it came out was to move the cradle just enough to get access to the screws holding the changer on the sides of the cradle.
Then they both come out. Changer first, then the cradle (which requires tilting and turning to coax it out of the space)

might be my Sat nav plus aerial stuff.

Ill try taking changer out the bracket next attempt and see what happens.

I was a little wary of doing this as the screws are only just reachable.

Prime chance to loose them! and or struggle to refit them.

Im not entirely sure if ill need the bose sub out as well yet.

Ive had a picture given to me that says not, but other discussions mention it could be under the sub.

Yep, its is Sta nav stuff. I've read before thats where they put it.

In which case, I'm not much help as mine doesn't have it, so was really straight forward.
Literally a 5 minute job.

Best of luck