daves rear tie arms top or bottom?????

epox

Reaction score
As title.

PS arrived yesterday!!! Great looking piece of kit.
:moa:
Mark

Reactions: Airs
How easy are they to fit?

Could you let us know how you get on please epox

Cheers

How easy are they to fit?

Could you let us know how you get on please epox

Cheers

They are easy to fit, if I can do it on my own on my drive, then anyone can! That's if you fit them on the bottom. It's much easier to adjust them to the length of the original arms before fitting, two blokes and a ramp would make it a doddle.

Reactions: Airs, kwistof and Westy
They are easy to fit, if I can do it on my own on my drive, then anyone can! That's if you fit them on the bottom. It's much easier to adjust them to the length of the original arms before fitting, two blokes and a ramp would make it a doddle.

Cheers mate :)

I'll have a ramp and some brawn to help out as I can imagine all the nuts and bolts will be seized! Lol

I've got two sets on order but I'll make user I match the bar length I replace them with until I get her huntered up on a laser.

Anyway, get off here - it's your birthday today :p

Does the track not change whether you put these on the top or bottom? Maybe only by a minute amount?

i would have thought bottom to pull the wheel back in, as opposed to top which would be to push it out to sit right, thus, bottom fitment would allow the camber to be factory, as opposed to slightly pushed out? but that's only rough logic

I did mine top, harder to do, but you dont have to mess with the sensor, + aligned fine, as jo says you get a little more adjustment from the bottom..

Dave, the height level sensor goes over the powder coated arms no problems, I saw it done on Chris's(Rhubarb) S3.

Just read a thread on the TT forum about a member there fitting KW ARTB's and it was noted that at the hub end the steel was 2mm thicker then OEM, thus requiring different length bolts (the owner managed to source 2 more INNER bolts as these are a bit longer).
Is this the same case with Dave's bars?

Just read a thread on the TT forum about a member there fitting KW ARTB's and it was noted that at the hub end the steel was 2mm thicker then OEM, thus requiring different length bolts (the owner managed to source 2 more INNER bolts as these are a bit longer).
Is this the same case with Dave's bars?

I used the original bolts on the chunky mk1 versions, I think the ends of the powder coated versions are the same dimensions.

FWIW, I fitted adj tie bar to the bottom on my S3 and adjusting the alignment was fine. Then fitted bars to a TT on the bottom and the alignment could not be set. Changed the bars to the top and adjusted alignment fine. I thought it was weird, maybe the TT setup is a little different to the S3