Clutch problem

Stepho

Reaction score
While coming home this evening, I came off a rondabout, dipped the cluch to move up to third gear, when bang. The cluch pedal hit the floor and stayed there, whilst omitting various Plastic shards all over the footwell.

I believe this can be a common fault on the S3, and was wondering:
A) Is this a big job to fix.(Time consuming/ Easy/Difficult/Requiring special tooling)
B) Any ideas of cost putting into my local Dealers (Glasgow Audi) for repair.

Any help on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Stepho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Similar thing happened to me. It turned out that the Slave cylinder had split. The part is not expensive, but they will charge just under 8 hours for labour.

The bummer about this was the cylinder was leaking break fluid over the clutch so I had to get a new one of them also. There was no extra labour for this though.

This happened to my MK4 golf a few years ago, they replaced a cylinder of some sort and a new pedal assembly and the total cost for parts and labour was about £250, had no option really as I was towed to the dealers by the AA

Can anyone help with the exploded view diagrams for this set-up. If I could get hold of these I might look into fixing myself. I am just unsure of the damage this might have caused. Is there anywhere in particular I should look for leaking fluid?
Any help welcomed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This happpened to me. Im my case it was just a small metal clip at the top of the pedel that had snapped off (the bit that presses the plumger down). My local garage welded it back on for £10 and it's been fine ever since.