going to look at an s3 in cargiant today what to look for please?

kazino21

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been looking around for an s3 and have found one with 50k miles at cargiant (so car probably just done motorway miles). going to check it out, but have been reading the threads around here and it seems that if the MAF is on the way out then it can make the cars performance much worse. Am I correct in that the MAF is the mass air filter? How much is it to replace? Is there anything else I should look at while looking around the car.

Thanks in advance guys.

MAF isnt expensive to replace - mine was done for £80 at finchley audi.

do a check on www.parkers.co.uk to see what kind of price you should be paying.

listen out for the creaking over bumps- worn bushes but not a major problem as its common amoungst s3's.

interior light should be checked as micro switch is known to go out. so dash shouldnt say door open when it is closed.

good luck

i m sure you could find a lower mileage one on autotrader. Whats you budget ?

i would hold out for a lower mileage one say 30-40k you will find one

I am looking too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif - patience running thin!

being brutally honest, I dont think you have a chance at all of finding an honest S3 thats done 30-40k miles for £12,500. 30k miles is the average milage for a 52 place facelift, and the mint ones still go for about 15-17k - even an audi dealer will trade one in for 13.5k.

If an audi dealer will trade them in for 13.5k, you stand f*ck-all chance of getting one private for a grand less, unless it's butt-f*cked.

maybe one thats closer to 80k miles...