2001 AMK s3 temp problem

tomaudis3

Reaction score
Hi all,

currently have problems with temperature
car warms up to midway then drops right off down to starting temperature.
The car never over heats.
I have bought a new thermostat ( could do with someone posting a thread for fitting it)
anyone know of anything else that could be causing the problem?

regards
Tom

It could be Thermostat or CTS I didn't have too much trouble with the stat but you want some probably about 1ft extension and a wobble attachment for the socket as it is awkward to get to. A bit of info on here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/110230-thermostat-change.html

The CTS is easy only takes 5 minutes take the main engine cover off then look down the right of the engine under some pipes you can see a plug into the engine. Remove the plug and there is a clip at the base holding the sensor in make sure you get the old I ring out with it then replace.

I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I bought a bew thermostat and had that changed whilst car was I garage for other work and its worked perfectly since.

Do a search mate, I posted a whole load of pictures and explanation of what needs done, its on here some where

Mark

+1 to all these guys, i had the exact same problem on my AMK S3. It too ages to get upto 90. It then would drop off too 70/80 if heaters put on or if in traffic etc.

Change the thermostat! I just did mine yesterday, and now back to normal :)