Help with squeeling noise from the rear? with videos.

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
Hello all, another problem... uuurgh... went out earlier and thought I could here a minor wheel bearing squeel metal on metal type noise. Hardly noticable to the point where I wondered if it was in my head. I was nearly home then on a big wide wet t junction thats covered in crud I floored her and got some nice oversteer out of the corner, lovely!-) anyways after that maneuver the noise got very loud. Its a constant squeel that dissappears at speed and is most obvious decelerating below thirty? My first thoughts are wheel bearing our loads of grit in between the disc and pads?

Any help, similar experiences with rear wheel bearings on 4wds?

Last edited:
Mines doing this, drives me crazy. I think its the brake pads rubbing on the disk.

this noise which was confirmed wheel bearing is the same? im just posting up a video of me spinning the wheel stationary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm sounds like my old focus when the front bearing went. Mine sounds more high pitched but stops when you wet the disks

mine sounds high pitched when driving,,, think i'll have the caliper off and check for ****e and brake pad snappage then spin her and see if the noise is there with no caliper... its just finding the motivation at the weekend after a hard weeks work uuurgh. kwistof told me he had a snapped pad that created a similar noise, maybe i never got power oversteer and it was the pad broken and jamming??

maybe disked is warped slightly? need to get mine off aswell its just too cold lol

same cold and dark lol or cold and light at the weekend...

cant believe me and tardinabox aint had more help with this, so many knowledgeable people and no-one has an opinion or solution?

well its sorted lol, it was a stone jammed in between the disc and the back plate of the disk, cheapest fix ive had for a long time!

I had this about 3 weeks into owning my A3 thought ah crap. Pinged the disk back plate out dropped a massive stone. Problem solved on mine too!