Audi S3 p0340 fault code keeps on comming up

mems-s3

Reaction score
Hi guys I just recently brought a s3 8l amk engine code 2001 the problem is on idle it doesnt run nice but once your going it drives lovely so I was told it was the ignition coils so I changed all 4 with now bosh platinum sparks then still I have the same problem so I took it to the garge and diagnosed it they told me it was cam sensor so I got a new one and still the same code is comming up again then after some research I found out it could of been the timming which it was off a tooth after getting that done its STILL comming up with the same code p0340 and also mis fire on cylinder 1,2,4 need some help
Thank you for taking for time for reading

Was your new Cam sensor genuine Audi or pattern part? Pattern parts quality is a bit hit and miss so you may have bought a duff one.

Did you change the coil packs or spark plugs? Cammage

Hi yep genuine audi cam sensor. And also I chaned genuine beru ignition coils and sparks

update i changed the valve timming unit now i cleared that code now another code is keep on coming up even if i clear the codes
p0302 misfire on cyl 2
p0171 system too lean on bank 1
is this possible air leak because i listen to any air leaks and nothing also its boosting well and when im on idle the car shakes

The diagnosis needs to start again now you replaced the cam chain tensioner.

Swap coil pack 2 & 3 and see if the misfire code follows. If it does, then the coil pack is dead. ( They can come dead out of the box so one dieing very soon isn't impossible)
If it doesn't, I'd swap the 2 & 3 spark plugs and re-check.
Next I'd check the coil pack wiring for signs of damage to the insulation.

In regard to the Lean code, checked all vac/boost pipes for leaks/splits? If not, start with this.

Check the coil pack wiring then seeing as this will have been messed with when you changed the chain tensioner.

Just because they're new doesn't mean they're not faulty by the way.