S3 engine Mounts?

Wallm0nkey

Reaction score
Going to sort my dogbone tomorrow so got me thinking about replacing the others due to the age of them just wondered what people were using? I saw the THS ones mentioned then discovered they were no longer available so was looking towards the vibratechnics just wondered if they were worth it over Oem? Is there any others I'm missing? Not certain on egine plans yet but try to upgrade rather then just replace when there is a worthwhile upgrade available.
Cheers!

I was in the same boat as you,
I did my dog bone mount, but with the red diesel bush,
Feels much better now, no extra noise, no vibrations like most report,

I used to get big knocks and bangs if I set off to spirited,

I have the vibra technics mounts currently sitting on my window sill, I may fit them but don't want to make it unliveable in there.

I've gone for the red dogbone got a little scared of the yellow! Good to read you have good experiences of it I did worry a little bit about the vibration.

I went straight for the yellow dog one mount, don't know what all the fuss is about, vibration lasted for about 500 miles.

I'll be buying a newish set of mounts and doing the poly fill mod. Few of the lads on here have tried and it seems to be a worthy cheap mod

Hi Niall It's Alistair you bought the headlight adjuster motors from. I've got a set of genuine Audi engine & gearbox mounts I bought new 11,000 miles ago that are for sale? I also have a yellow inserted complete dogbone mount too. PM or call me (if you still have my number) if interested.

I need to polybush my dogbone, my downpipe knocks around when pulling away. It's a definite head turner for all the wrong reasons

Have the THS mounts and Superpro Dogbone on my VRS, massive improvement over standard. Lots of Vibration initially but after about 500 miles becomes barely noticeable. Don't over tighten the dogbone that can cause a lot of the vibration.

Im looking into replacing my engine mounts, because on initial acceleration and deceleration I have a real pronounced knocking. I have changed my the rear part of the dog bone mount with the red powerflex bushes but I never changed the front small circular one. My thinking is that surely it can only knock if one of the 3 attachment points are gone?? (Top engine mount, top gearbox mount and lower dogbone mount)

Am I right in saying this?

Hello Alistair thanks for the offer but I'm currently future planning my car budgets been a bit eaten up as we have a holiday and wedding looming! I've almost got to the end of my problems with the car so looking to the nice shiny bits to buy.

Andy68 I was looking for the THS found it odd they are no longer available just got my red dogbone done and it does feel better :(

Avlo I was getting a slight knock the dogbone appears to have helped but I figure if that's was knackered the rest can't be much better.