SAI removal

AVLO

Reaction score
Hi guys I was thinking of having a bash at removing my secondary air injection this afternoon. My question is other than the blanking plate do I need anything else? Car is a year 2000 s3 apy. (I also have tools haha)

Thanks

matt

Have you read through the how-to in the FAQs?

<tuffty/>

Reactions: AVLO
I didn't need anything else (other than what you've already mentioned) from when mine was removed tbh.

I think it's the later cars/engines that may need a resistor but on my APY it was fine without one IIRC.

ps good luck- make sure you have tin of elbow grease ready as chances are everything's seized up under there

Last edited:
You'll have to let me know how you get on with it Matt, this is something else on the list as long as my arm of things to do!

Reactions: AVLO and mark_S3
Need to do mine, I have the blanking plate, just need a free afternoon to do it!
Jojo... I think you will need a free week to fit all the parts you have amassed

Reactions: AVLO and jojo
Cheers for the info guys and I did look into the faq's but just double checking I don't need anything else other than the blanking plate? Its a good job that I looked for my blanking plate before I started undoing bits as it turns out I cant find it :-( however I will look around the house and hopefully get round to doing it on sunday.

Thanks for the advice anyway fellas

matt

Matt its easy mate. Just make sure you have some coolant and like I said be careful the temp sender housing is ok.