Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

What do i need? s3 8l double din conversion

Ok here it goes, so far i have a double din cage 58 quid off ebay came with climate control unit too which i couldn't believe worked at this price, esp button and 2 blanks, cup holder and hazard switch. Im planning on putting in a pioneer unit that my mate might be selling me and run it through the bose system, hopefully running out of all speakers and sub or just the back 2 and sub as my front drivers side i do believe has blown thanks to previous owner.
    if anyone can link me to what i would need to make a aftermarket unit work i would appreciate it or just a list of what i still need.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    There is a double din conversion thread in the stickies have a look at that
    2001 s3, stage 1 amk, nogaro blue, bilstein shocks, eibach springs, forge adjustable tie bars, Red power flex dog bone bush, Awesome heavy duty clutch, 18" nouvalari alloys, ambient lighting, tt pedals, led side lights, led number plate lights, abt number plate surrounds, badger 5 tip, jetex filter, resonated milltek cat back exhaust, bailey dv,

Neutral

Status
    Iv'e had a look at that but doesn't say much about aftermarket h/u's only the rns-d/e which isn't what i was going to fit unless i have to. Any help would be appreciated

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Have a search dude... there has been a couple of double din threads in the past couple of weeks... no facia is commercially available as a direct fit... you have to use an A4 one and mod it

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    All ive managed to find out for definite atm is i need to trim a a4 fascia down, i was told by someone who had a a3 i might need a aerial adapter or something but he wasn't quite sure

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3ajy's Instagram Channel
    i have made a couple posts about this, you are going to need a loom to fit onto the Bose harness, which also has a switched live to power the Bose amp on and off.

Have a look through posts i have made....might shed some light on what you might need. Believe it or not, i found that halfords can supply all the harnesses and they are pretty well priced.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ajy View Post
    i have made a couple posts about this, you are going to need a loom to fit onto the Bose harness, which also has a switched live to power the Bose amp on and off.

Have a look through posts i have made....might shed some light on what you might need. Believe it or not, i found that halfords can supply all the harnesses and they are pretty well priced.
    cheers i may get rid of the bose eventually as i said before cause i got a blown speaker on drivers door, but we shall see

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xx~kirsty~xx on Facebook
    Sorry if this is a really silly question but I assume the double din conversion can only be done If there is digital climate control fitted. My car has the 3 manual knobs but would really like the double din with screen.. Thanks