What do i need? s3 8l double din conversion

fazer0

Reaction score
Ok here it goes, so far i have a double din cage 58 quid off ebay came with climate control unit too which i couldn't believe worked at this price, esp button and 2 blanks, cup holder and hazard switch. Im planning on putting in a pioneer unit that my mate might be selling me and run it through the bose system, hopefully running out of all speakers and sub or just the back 2 and sub as my front drivers side i do believe has blown thanks to previous owner.
if anyone can link me to what i would need to make a aftermarket unit work i would appreciate it or just a list of what i still need.

There is a double din conversion thread in the stickies have a look at that

Iv'e had a look at that but doesn't say much about aftermarket h/u's only the rns-d/e which isn't what i was going to fit unless i have to. Any help would be appreciated

Have a search dude... there has been a couple of double din threads in the past couple of weeks... no facia is commercially available as a direct fit... you have to use an A4 one and mod it

<tuffty/>

All ive managed to find out for definite atm is i need to trim a a4 fascia down, i was told by someone who had a a3 i might need a aerial adapter or something but he wasn't quite sure

i have made a couple posts about this, you are going to need a loom to fit onto the Bose harness, which also has a switched live to power the Bose amp on and off.

Have a look through posts i have made....might shed some light on what you might need. Believe it or not, i found that halfords can supply all the harnesses and they are pretty well priced.

i have made a couple posts about this, you are going to need a loom to fit onto the Bose harness, which also has a switched live to power the Bose amp on and off.

Have a look through posts i have made....might shed some light on what you might need. Believe it or not, i found that halfords can supply all the harnesses and they are pretty well priced.

cheers i may get rid of the bose eventually as i said before cause i got a blown speaker on drivers door, but we shall see

Sorry if this is a really silly question but I assume the double din conversion can only be done If there is digital climate control fitted. My car has the 3 manual knobs but would really like the double din with screen.. Thanks :)