N249 looks a nice easy mod to do and I'm thinking of Badger TIP too

LynxE

Reaction score
2001 BAM S3 with Neuspeed induction and forge DV

Been looking at the how to's and the N249 delete looks like it might be a easy job to do and eliminate a lot of hoses that could leak. I then thought the next thing to do might be to fit the Badger TIP as this doesn't look too hard for a novice either

While I was at it I was thinking of checking the rest of the hoses associated with boost but I haven't a clue where they all are. Is there a nice pic that shows them all? Or a guide on how to change them? Thought actually I might just change out all the boost hoses too just to be on the safe side. Is there a full boost hose kit? Sorry if I'm sounding a little noobish

Basically I'm thinking that I might chuck 2 or 3 hundred at it and remove the N249, fit a TIp, fit the rest of the boost hoses and maybe even throw in a new N75

Might even change the spark plugs for those copper ones too as that doesn't look a tough job for a beginner

Any advice please

Replacing the vacuum hoses is a good move as they perish easily with the heat. When I got my S3 I replaced a fair few parts to give it a refresh. The changes you've mentioned are all good:
- The N249 bypass was also one of the first things I done as the hoses were cracked.
- A new N75 made a nice difference on mine as they can get tired.
- The B5 TIP is a very nice bit of kit and makes a substantial difference in both noise (good) and performance.

With the boost hoses, they'll be a bit of a pig to change. You need to get the bumper off and headlights out for it to give decent access. I'm sure you can do it without removing the headlights but it's tight. Forge sell a full kit I believe. Go black if I were you ;) The hose that usually causes problems (although not for me, yet - touch wood) is the orange one that goes from turbo compressor outlet to the top hard boost pipe (the L shaped one). Forge do a replacement. You can get a smoke test done to check for leaks.

ah cool, thanks for that

any pics? links?

yeah I know that's where I got the ideas from but I meant specifically of the boost hoses

cos I have no idea what the hoses look like on the car