Which car battery

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi guys. My car battery is dead. Ive charged it and 2 days on its flat. So im in need of a new one. I know nothing about these or what specs are important etc. Would rather not spend loads unless i need to. Any help would be awesome so i can get one for the weekend. Cheers. Daz

i got one for around £60 from ECP and has done the job so far, came with a 2 year warranty as well, just make sure you dont go for the cheapest ones

Do you remember what brand it was? Thanks for your speedy reply!!!

I have Bosch 013, 610amps (65ah) and it's pretty much as big as will fit smf it starts great even after 2 weeks in the cold. Lots of places list 096 as the right size for the a3/s3 but it is to long for the cover to go around it by about 10-15mm. 075 is a common one also fitted, 600amps (61ah).

I had mine replaced by AA recently, through garage and breakdown cover....cost me £35!!

Previous one I had was from TPS, came with a 3yr warranty and was about £70, for an OE replacement, give them a call and they will be able to advise.

The longer the guarantee the higher spec the battery with more reserves and CCA.

I've got a Varta Silver dynamic. Had it fitted for a year and half now, no troubles at all with it. 5 year warranty, got it from a little motor factors close to me for around £70ish quid. Not bad when Motorsave and Kwikfit was that much for a no brand one.

Cheers guys. Ill grab one asap seems to be fairly straight forward. Just dont go budget i guess