evap system fault

bigdavevw

Reaction score
Hi guys, I did an emissions readiness test on my AUM today, it says its failing on the Evap system.

What is the most common fault on these is it a faulty/blocked valve or a blocked canister? Also where is the best place to buy these parts from in case I cant fix them myself.

Cheers
Dave

Are there any fault codes?...

Parts would be dealer/TPS I suspect... but... if there is a fault then there will normally be a fault code... the readiness could also be the result of an unrelated issue potentially...

Read fault codes, check hoses/pipes and go from there...

Not sure off hand what the readiness checks does in context of EVAP... the issues typically revolve around the N80 valve on the canister... see a lot of the problems with the pipe off the canister the goes round the back of the expansion tank splitting...

N80 fault codes are typically 'incorrect flow' ones... also worth checking the one way valves on the EVAP systems and pipes going to the TIP and the inlet...

<tuffty/>

Hey Tuffty, the only faults codes were, Maf input too low P0102 16486, and Lat Acc sensor g200.

On the readiness test it failed on the cat, sec air, and evap. Didn,t say why it failed tho.

Dave