What manifold for gt28rs?

Triple_A

Reaction score
Website
www.minunauto.com
Im thinkin to get that k04 eliminator that ATP has now released for S3. That is supposed to be bolt-on for original manifold but as we all know how crappy that is then i need to replace it.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/mercha...gory_Code=VVWTK

Has anybody seen any good manifolds with k04 flange that replace original one and still keeps turbo in original position?

Here is one that i spotted on dn-performance web site. What do you think about that?

DSC00406.JPG

http://www.dnperformance.com/audivw.html

It looks that turbo is in same position that with this original manifold.

1c_1_b.JPG

Hello,

I don't think there are many people (perhaps none) who have performed the GT28RS big turbo upgrade on an S3 or TT yet.

The last time I visited the ATP turbo site, their transverse manifold for the S3/TT was not ready yet. Delayed by about 6 weeks or so.

So I think there is a lack of experienced people to give you advice. You may have to push the boundries and be the first.

If you do decide to go for it, there are a lot of people on here who would be interested in your progress.

AL

They are now ready... shipping today i believe.

This will make a turbo upgrade, rather cheap indeed! All in, mapped .etc for £3k i reckon with fmic and exhaust.

Rich

Turbo kit and manifold. Then build yourself a FMIC which is inexpensive, sports cats, cat back and then get MRC to remap it @ £550...All done for a little under £3k i reckon. Christ...thats ****** good really isnt it!

You make it sound so simple Rich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But which manifold?

I guess its just a matter of time before ATP finish development of the S3/TT manifold.

AL

Ah thats a point...theyve only got the K03 mani at the moment...Unless theyve made the K04 eliminators to use the same flange so they only needed to make 1 manifold.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
Turbo kit and manifold. Then build yourself a FMIC which is inexpensive, sports cats, cat back and then get MRC to remap it @ £550...All done for a little under £3k i reckon. Christ...thats ****** good really isnt it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's very good indeed . ATP seem to have done all the hard work for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Well as I said in my post in the tuning section - I will get one but it wont for at least a year or so yet!!!

Good luck to anyone who's going to give it a go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB

This ATP stuff is making me more and more interested in just biting the bullet and doing my car. The GT2X looks the better option for fWD cars though, 260ish Bhp should be plenty!!

And only £700

Plus injectors and fuel pump,, Another £200 from the USA.

So, thats a FMIC, £900, £500 for the remap and a few days out of your life as you fit them. Mmmm interesting...

I for one, wouldnt even consider using the K03 manifold...it WILL break in 5 minutes, that you cxan guarantee on! If your going to do it...Do it properly.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
Why would it break? You talking about cracking due to heat or weight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heat! It cant flow the amount of air it needs to either...They are really crap manifolds!!

I see. This must be why the yanks are a little concerned about ATP's claims at the mo then.

I think its a good kit, but I need to see the results in the real world before I would think about taking the plunge.

I contacted to ATP and asked about that S3/TT manifold. They answered like this...

----------------------
Thanks for your request.

We currently only have the eliminator kit for your S3 utilizing the
stock
manifold. A high flow version of your stock manifold will be made
available
sometime down the road at which point you can easily swap.

If you're in finland, you can also contact www.turbotec.com and speak
to
Mika about stock and availability because we ship to them regularly.

--------------------------

So there is not much to do than wait for that manifold. I asked from few people that does custom-made manifolds if they could do tube manifold for me that keeps turbo in original position. They said that it´s not possible to do that because it is so narrow place between turbo and car body. I also asked how much hp i could achieve with original manifold and with that eliminator and they said that not much more than I have now (270hp dynoted).

[ QUOTE ]
Spotted these for A3s

ATP
ATP-VVW-157_450.jpg

Kinetic Motorsport
MANIFOLD%20-%201.8T%20Tran.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats the onei was thinking for use with the eliminators.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spotted these for A3s

ATP
ATP-VVW-157_450.jpg

Kinetic Motorsport
MANIFOLD%20-%201.8T%20Tran.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats the onei was thinking for use with the eliminators. (The ATP one)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were wanting to swap the manifold, would there be any benefit in switching to the ATP K03 replacement and running a K03 Eliminator rather than a K04 eliminator.

RobDon has apparently changed to an ATP manifold and seen +19 with a flatter torque curve with no maping changes. This is on a K03/K04 hybrid. So that kind of proves the theory that the stock k03 manifold is a weak link.

K04/K03 eliminators wont be much different... just the bolt flange and the downpipe location is all..

Rich

Then i couldn´t use my original S3 downpipe and intake pipe. And keeping those original is only reason why im going to get that eliminator turbo, because then that big turbo upgrade is not going to cost a fortune.

S3 downpipe is also something i would change.... Its too narrow to be pushing high BHP and you may risk damaging the turbo from too much back pressure.

Rich

This S3 engine is running a normal ATP 1.8T Big Turbo manifold. It has had a custom link pipe made along with downpipe... not very noticeable in those pics as it's around the back but I know it's there, I've seen it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You can just make out the top of it if you look closely... all fits quite neatly when it's in the bay.

The problem with that Al, is you would need a custom downpipe as the alignment will be out.

The beauty of the eliminators, is that everything is bolt on, and customisable... Makes the whole thing much cheaper, and much quicker to do.

RIch

Yeah realise that Rich, but...it could be possible for these companies to manufacture something. They may do it quicker than ATP, they may not.

had the gt2871r fitted last year but
due to a impossibly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif rebuild ..had it re-done with a few little extras..ha ha
420bhp 380+ torque as per dynocell run with omex ecu

[ QUOTE ]
had the gt2871r fitted last year but
due to a impossibly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif rebuild ..had it re-done with a few little extras..ha ha
420bhp 380+ torque as per dynocell run with omex ecu

[/ QUOTE ]

F/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifIng hell man, I think we need to know some more info about your car, I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that would like to know as much as you can be bothered to write / show.

you must have the fastest S3 in the UK, or has somone spent the silly money on the full 460BHP sportec kit?

Take a look at the 2.0l Stroker Kit thread in the A4(B5) section /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi bish ,good figures out of a gt2871r always thought they where rated at 400bhp max.Didn't think omex could run a dbw throttle or did you convert to cable driven?When do you hit 1 bar boost and max boost in rpm?

If you're looking to replace the manifol too, ATP and Star Performace have been working on these:

img_atp_manifold1.jpg

Should work with the new K04 Eliminators

[ QUOTE ]
hi bish ,good figures out of a gt2871r always thought they where rated at 400bhp max.Didn't think omex could run a dbw throttle or did you convert to cable driven?When do you hit 1 bar boost and max boost in rpm?

[/ QUOTE ]

the gt2871r went bang on the dyno..lol turned uot i was supplied a 28rs not the 71r..
see andy.c's threads on the a4 forum on stroker kits ...
its my engine displayed in the pics
still waiting to find out if the omex is going to run with the flybywire but they have a cable system ready incase its needed

Yes... *poof* was how it went... I saw it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Took some pics of it in pieces afterwards back at the workshop if you wanna see 'em...?

I would be having words with those that supplied the turbo if I were you... it wasn't as spec'd, installed badly and the rest is now history /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy has done a fantastic job so far and the turbo that is fitted now is a monster!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Can't wait to see it on the road bud... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

T

the whole previous build has been a nightmare..we just kept finding even more and more inexperienced balls ups...not going to name the company but they done an <font color="red"> </font> bad job...and my car has not been the only balls up..
one lesson to be learnt when having a bulid done get everything documented..
but yeah andy and the guys...my hat off to them its been a very long build but should be good ..

cheers t
bish

[ QUOTE ]
If you're looking to replace the manifol too, ATP and Star Performace have been working on these

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks like FWD manifold.
S3 manifold is like this.

1c_1_b.JPG

bish sounds a interesting build,are you having any head/inlet work done?

Ryan..
yeah been full polished and ported..wicked job..and using a dalback inlet manifold matched to head..
trying to think of a part that is standard now lol