Look what some vandal did to my car

Markb

Reaction score
Picture of the bonnet and wing

baremetal03.jpg

Wonder how much that is going to cost to sort out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, berry red, do it, you know you want to.

[ QUOTE ]
A few people will think they know what I'm up to from recent threads, but they may be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it's not going to be dolpin grey with smoked rear lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What has been done to it to get it to that point - sandblasted and filled? or what?

I dont know how you can be bothered mark? Your car must spend more time off the road then on it.

[ QUOTE ]
Wonder how much that is going to cost to sort out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just chuck it on the credit card. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No mate it's already paid for.

I only make purchases on my credit card so that it gives me a month to get the funds together, then make the payment as soon as the bill arrives. Also it means that I can rack up loads of points for cash back latter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few people will think they know what I'm up to from recent threads, but they may be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it's not going to be dolpin grey with smoked rear lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What has been done to it to get it to that point - sandblasted and filled? or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment to the first question as that would give too much away.

No sandblasting. DA, hand sand, etch prime, fill, high build, spray

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know how you can be bothered mark? Your car must spend more time off the road then on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting to feel like I can't be bothered at the minute. Only done 400 miles since October /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Although once it's back it's not having anything major done to it for a good while.

[ QUOTE ]
I like it when Mark is upto something - always keeping us on our toes! heh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My mates hate me sometimes, because I never let on what I'm up to and just surprise them one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif (Referring to my car not anything else)

[ QUOTE ]
so do we have an end date for this little project? so I know when to come back and check the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been gone 3 weeks. So I am hoping to get it back either late this week or early next week. Although I wouldn't expect an update for a while...

I can see it now, Dolphin grey up front, blending into the yellow as it heads towards the rear, and black tinted rear lights, then off to a photoshoot for Maxpower! Get in there my son!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they mess it up first time around then so it have to be repainted?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they mess it up first time around then so it have to be repainted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nearly.

What actually happened was that small bubbles (known as micro blisters) started to appear on the paintwork, which I latter discovered to be water trapped under the surface that was expanding and trying to escape when it was cold (I.E frosty nights).

However the bodyshop thought that it might be a problem with the paint so I left the car with them and one of their paint suppliers assessed the paint and the bodyshop environment + equipment. The problem was then latter found to be with the air compressor, which was allowing condensation (water) to be sprayed with the paint.

Therefore the bodyshop admitted that their equipment was at fault and are re-doing it. Although I am paying for a few extras /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can see it now, Dolphin grey up front, blending into the yellow as it heads towards the rear, and black tinted rear lights, then off to a photoshoot for Maxpower! Get in there my son!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some how I don't think so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's been gone 3 weeks. So I am hoping to get it back either late this week or early next week. Although I wouldn't expect an update for a while...

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it that means the interior will be getting some of your attention when it comes back... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

About time to fit the stereo is it?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goodbye boot, hello speakers.

[ QUOTE ]
Although I am paying for a few extras /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh lemme guess...

a full bonnet vinyl tatoo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although I am paying for a few extras /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh lemme guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

ha!

[ QUOTE ]

Take it that means the interior will be getting some of your attention when it comes back... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]
Goodbye boot, hello speakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boot and rear seats, who needs them? I've been running around for months like this

dynamatinteriorview01.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

ooh lemme guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think I'm like guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good that they admitted it was their fault.

Sounds like a good body shop. Some wouldn't have been so nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy at the bodyshop is a sound bloke and I get on well with him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Although he didn't realise how fusy / what a perfectionist I was until he started working on my car LOL (Not refering to the paint issues now. As there were a few other bits that most people wouldn't haven't bothered about as they were hardly noticable, but once I know something is there it bugs me)

I've also been to check up on the work and he's doing a top class job. Fingers crossed that there are no issues with the equipment this time. As I was happy with the work last time (Bar a few issues that got sorted)

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as you've got your bumper off, I was going to suggest a little mod for you, but I think I might keep that idea for my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on chap do share /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif PM me if not on the board.

Christ Mark! Thats some serious work going on there. Glad to see the bodyshop sorting the problem though.

I think you should just leave it like that and polish it though! lol Cant wait to see the finished results!

[ QUOTE ]

I think you should just leave it like that and polish it though! lol Cant wait to see the finished results!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of just getting it lacquered and starting a new trend as it look good in bare metal, but decided against it LOL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of just getting it lacquered and starting a new trend as it look good in bare metal, but decided against it LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

thats wot some of the old school dubbers do but every1 to there own taste

see the work continues then mark.

ive also pm's bout wheels

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats wot some of the old school dubbers do but every1 to there own taste

see the work continues then mark.

ive also pm's bout wheels

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've seen it done on old beetles and and other old school VW's that's what gave me the idea, but I think it might make it quite hard to sell on again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif (Not that it will be easy as it is mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif )

Note to other guys like HTC and god_thats_quick I don't know what he means by wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

PM on its way.

I dunno, what he means about wheels. Perhaps he wants to know sizes and offsets?

Oh yeah about that rear mod I mentioned. I'm sure I sent you a pic a while back illustrating it. Can't remember for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah about that rear mod I mentioned. I'm sure I sent you a pic a while back illustrating it. Can't remember for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes I know what you mean now. I did think about it, but I was worried about cracking from flexing. Also it would be a pain to get the rear bumper on/off in the future.

Why are you thinking about having some work done in the future?