Best colour Tcut for a mineral grey car?

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Pretty much as the title says, I got a few light scuffs I'm going to try and buff out before I go and get some bodyshop quotes for a dent or 2 and bumper respray. My options seem to be clear, silver or black. I'm no expert on detailing (which is why I didn't post this on the detailing section, I'm going to be reading up on it a lot when I've sorted out the main problems) so any advice would be appreciated

This is why I need to read through the detailing section, I never heard of any of that stuff. The only thing I know about detailing is how to clay bar stuff haha

After a little read on detailingworld I'm going to buy some srp tomorrow and some pads (going to be doing it by hand) and have a little play. I bought a spare bonnet from a mk4 golf which im going to practice on before I crack on with any serious paint correction.

SRP won't do a thing to scratches, the fillers just hide them. What you want as suggested is cutting compounds, ie G3 and G10 which have been mentioned, I've used them on my car, and with good results too.
They're are a little messy though if using a DA machine.
Then polish with SRP or your personal choice, a couple of coats of sealant and a couple of coats of wax. Some say you don't need to go to that extreme, but I like my paint well protected. :icon_thumright:
Good luck and give me a shout if you need anymore info, but detailing world is awesome for the amount of info on there.
Callum.

Cheers, I'll grab some cutting compound as well then go over it with srp afterwards. Once I've spent a few hundred getting the worst bits sprayed I'm going to be making sure I don't need to do it again!

I went out this morning and bought some G3 scratch remover, autoglym SRP and autoglym shampoo, only done the rear bumper and tailgate for now because im pushed for time and those had the most noticeable scuffs that can be fixed without spraying... im actually quite amazed by the results, did not expect the products to work as well as they did, i had a scratch going almost the length of the bumper where another car had rubbed up against mine and left green paint on my bumper, now it's all gone and i can see my face in it! thanks for the advice guys, much apreciated, going to go over the rest of the car during the week