custom exhaust

:: blade ::

Reaction score
done a search but couldnt find an answer, thinking of getting a custom exhaust for my s3 somepoint next yr, but im wondering what would be best, turbo or cat back and 2.5"-3" diameter? not sure, the power i wont to achieve eventually would be arount 400bhp give or take but that wont be done straight away will be over the next few years, so whats your thoughts

cheers

Iain

was thinking going hybrid ko4 if that will make much difference, still doing my research on this as its my 1st car with a turbo, its the facelift 225 BAM engine, only thing worrying me is that its got 148k but full service history and serviced every 10k im the 2nd owner too

I've got a 3" custom on my bam s3 mate. I got my exhaust done at 'lonlife s/s exhausts' they have franchise's all over, try their website, there's load's of styles and info. My downpipe is a relentless 3" but I'm sure longlife could knock you one up.
If your thinking of that kind of power I strongly suggest you get uprated forged rod's mate ! As these are a major weak point on these engines.
Try beach buggy turbo's for info on turbo's mate, there not much he can't tell you on which path to take on the 1.8t :)

cheers for that mate, will be making a list of parts in a few months and get prices and get parts as and when i can afford them then fit them all once ive got everything :) theres a place in stockport i was thinking of going called top gear, there a longlife franchise :) and there another place in preston which isnt a longlife one but does custom exhausts, just waiting on a price from them now :) looks like itll be 3" all the way then :) but 1st i need someone to do a cambelt change for me as its dues one :(

cheers

Iain

Reactions: m19lte
No probs mate, yea I've heard of them. I can recommend longlife, but I have heard bad reviews on 'other' popular custom exhaust companies.
There's a well reputable mapper in Stockport 'unicorn motor developments' who I can also recommend.
But if your thinking of doing a good reliable power plant, rods are the 1st thing I would do. Also when you do your next oil change, make sure the oil pick up pipe gets changed/cleaned if its not already been done.

Badger 5 Image

would go to him if i lived closer but itll be near on 3hours to get to him and fuel on top of the exhaust wont be worth it :(

Last edited:
spoke to badger said he only build the exhausts for his big turbo build as its not cost effective. so still waiting to hear from longlife for a quote :)