Engine management light :S

Fabian808

Looking for parts :P
Reaction score
Hi all pleasure to be part of the site. A few months ago I converted from old fords to an 03 plate S3. Its
a lovely car and I'm enjoying owning it, however the itch for modifying it soon came so I started with an
after market recirculating dump valve which I fitted a couple of weeks ago, the noise is great, however it
seems I've lost a little bit of power :S and also it might be totally unrelated but the engine management light
has now come on :S

Im wondering if anyone has had the same problem? Any help is greatly appreciated! Regards. Fabian.

To be honest there is little to be gained from an aftermarket DV other than a little under bonnet bling... OE DV's are more than up to the job...

As for the CEL, first thing to do would be to scan the car with VCDS (or similar tools) to check the fault codes... once you have those then post them up here and we can comment from there

Have a read of this as it contains useful info
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-help-please-read-before-posting-updated.html

When you have read that then its worth having a look at the FAQ's in the sticky threads

<tuffty/>

yes agree on the dv just stick to oem, that may also be the cause of your light on

Aftermarket DV`s can turn Cel light on. Pm me if you want a scan, not that far from you.

Thanks guys. A friend of mine will be plugging the car in at the weekend to see what the problem is, as for the dump valve I think I'll be putting the standard one back on, good job I kept it!