Headunit won't turn on? Also won't remove…. Urgent!

aterro

S3 YO
Reaction score
Right.
to cut a long story shorter.

i went to place the CD changer back into my car ( S3 8L 2001 amk)

There was no cd changer cable.
So today i went to the head unit, use the two keys ( the ones that are like this- Below link)

PC5-93 Audi TT A3 A4 A6 Stereo Radio Release Removal Extraction Fitting Keys | eBay

now it just will not pull out.

So i left it, and went home. Then my cd player didn't turn on after trying to get it out with the keys) No lights or no response
So i got home, removed glovebox for access to the back. but even when pushing it from the back, it just will not budge forward! ( access is tight)

Then i removed the lower steering panel, access is even worse this side.

How can i get this out?
How do you remove the front fascia panel around the headunit?
or the panels on the outside of the headunit, aircon panels?

picture

Any ideas would be great as i need to remove it, and hopefully get it working. My main aim was to check if the cd changer cable was there. Currently connected is a connect2 silver box for aux cable…….

You have probably blown the fuse on the back of the stereo itself, I somehow managed to do the same when taking mine out :uhm:
Those cheap ebay keys are too thin, I made them work by doubling them up and doing one side at a time.

It was a tight squeeze getting them in together, but once I did their was a positive click and it released.I looked at taking the dash apart also as it was driving me round the twist :) but persevered with the keys for a while longer and got it out.

Fuse had gone in the CD player.

But why is this wire earthed here :s

And no cd changer wire :(
If anyone knows the proper route from headunit to rear. Please can you tell me it.