upgrading stock calipers

darkspin

Reaction score
as per subject i feel like upgrading the calipers as the standard ones have got rust allover them and i prefer to not paint them despite that being the cheapest option to make them look better. What i was looking at is the red brembo calipers as i will be upgrading the brake disc and pads with brembos but i just cant find the calipers anywhere apart from in the GT brembo kit which costs a fortune.

Does anyone know where i can get hold of front and rear brembo calipers and how much they should cost? or perhaps an alternative that is just as good as the brembos

cheers in advance

I have those brembo gt calipers with original size drilled disks. I used custom-made caliper carrier and longer brake hoses.

Those caliper can be found from ebay with quite reasonable price.

brembo6.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know where i can get hold of front and rear brembo calipers and how much they should cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those my calipers are from Seat Ibiza Cupra R and those cost about 160€/pcs in Finland and there are pads included. I don´t know UK prices.

Here you could see part numbers...

http://etka.auto2.ru/se/IB/2002/238/54/4671455/

Those Ibiza caliper carriers cannot be used because there is smaller disk in Ibiza.

I think the Ibiza uses smaller versions of the same calliper (maybe??), but they're (basically) the same as the callipers on the Leon Cupra R. Hope this helps

Those mine are Ibizas calipers and i compared those to Brembo GT calipers and those are exactly same size. Havent seen those Leon cupra R calipers live but those looks pretty much same to me. Those have different part numbers though...and those are much more expensive than ibizas...

Leon Cupra R breombos...
http://etka.auto2.ru/se/LE/2002/268/54/4759624/

cheers guys, gotta sort something out quick as im fed up with seeing my rusted calipers - im just weighing up the option of getting a brake kit or just replacing the OEM pads and painting the calipers. I know the latter is the cheaper option though.