instrument cluster compatability, need some one wiyh a bit of part number knowlage

ShoozY

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but not not with cars, anyway seasons greatings.

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment, Iv got my self a project car that needs a bit of tlc. Basically my s3 is a non start and Iv figured the instrument cluster is at fault, it douse the normal run for a second and cuts out, not only this, the rev counter dose not work when cranking, there is no millage, time/date and the central display dose not light up. I'm after a replacement set of clocks but I'm unsure as to wether I will need the exact part number or if there are a couple that cross referance, recoding shouldn't be a problem, if so Il be going down the immo delete rout.

My part number is 8L0 920 980L.
Are there another set of clocks that are compatable as a replacement or will I require that exact part number?
The car is a 2001 s3 facelift AMK

Thanx in advance

I gather that I will need the exact part number for a replacement, dose anybody know if the millage can be changed to mach what it was prior to clock replacement?

Clocks were ordered lastknight, what other methods are there and what are the pros and cons regarding millage cha.nge. the cluste Iv baught has more than double the mileage of my car, but they ere cheap!